We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath timeshare suite on the 3rd floor with a well stocked kitchen, comfortable beds, comfortable living room with a distant view of the pacific ocean. All was going very well until on the 3rd day we turned the A/C on for about 10 minutes. A terrible damp (like old wet towels or wet sheet rock) smell came through the vents and remained for the rest of the week even though we turned the A/C off. It seemed to be strongest in the master bathroom and bedroom. I immediately felt my throat get sore and came down with an upper respiratory infection. So did my husband. My son and his girlfriend joined us for a few days and she said her eyes were bothering her as if she was having an allergic reaction. In all fairness to the resort, I did not report this until after I left because I felt we already had the colds and didn't want to unpack and move to another suite.(although in hindsight, we probably should have done just that!) I gave the resort 4/5 because I am going to assume this was an isolated incident and everything else about the resort was very nice. Just beware of room 352!
The Good Things:
1. There is a nice restaurant on the property that also delivers room service.
2. The adult pool and hot tub were very nice with a beautiful view of the ocean.
3. There is a convenient business center free of charge.
4. Nice underground parking
5. This is a great place for families with children. They have an arcade room, a game room, 2
great jungle gyms, one on dry land and one with water falls, a family pool, and more. My
son commented that he would have loved this place when he was a kid.
6. Carlsbad Village is a beautiful quaint beach town with nice restaurants and a boardwalk
along the beach. This is a few miles from the resort.
7. Right next door to the resort is Legoland
8. 1/4 mile away is the Carlsbad Premium Outlets.
9. La Jolla is about a 20 minute drive and San Diego is about a 40 minute drive.
10. There is the museum of making music right down the road and Carlsbad flower fields next
All in all, this would have been perfect had we not had the problem with the dampness (mold?) in the room.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Pacific Palisades Hotel Carlsbad
- Grand Pacific Palisades Resort