“GREAT PLACE CELBRATE 40TH ANNIVERSARY” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5805 Armada Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92008   |
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“GREAT PLACE CELBRATE 40TH ANNIVERSARY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Are family stayed the week of July 15th thru July 22nd for the celebration of our 40th Anniversary. The front desk was very friendly and informative, all the staff that we encountered at the resort greeted us with a smile and how can I help, especially Gene ( in maintenance). Our granddaughter who is 4 years old loved the children's pool which also had a water park area w/a slide. On Saturdays next to the children's pool the activity dept brings out a Bouncy House, also a hit.
Barbeques are provided for your use and we took advantage of this. Location is next to Legoland and Costco.
Can't wait till next summer to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Riverside County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The Grand Pacific excels in customer service. I was very impressed with all the staff that I ran across, from the front desk, to the concierge to the managers, all took the time to be friendly and to make sure our stay was enjoyable. The room was clean as well as the pools. There is a splash park area where kids can play next to the family pool.
They have an adult pool that was empty most of the time. I have been to other resorts where the "adult pool" is called the "quiet pool" and as long as your kids behave, you can be in a more relaxing environment. It works well, but I know a lot of hotels have the "adult pool" and it just is what it is. It's not a fault of the hotel, per say, but being that the adult pool was vacant and the family pool was loaded to the max, the small change would be nice.
All in all, a very nice place to stay, and we will definitely go back!

Room Tip: The hotel is next to Lego-Land. The rooms on the end of the hallways had two windows and when open...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Let me start by saying that if you want to avoid the traffic and long parking lines to get into Legoland, this is the place. Also,the beaches of Carlsbad are less crowded than San Diego so they are convenient as well. Having Karl Srauss on the premises is a major plus .We stayed in the two bedroom suite that was very spacious and nicely appointed. My kids had just as much fun playing at the family pool as they did at the waterpark in Legoland. Although it can get crowded on weekends at the family pool, they do open the adult pool to families as well. If you do stay in a condo make sure you bring plenty of food to barbecue as there are many barbecues conveniently located near the family pool. Holly, the general manager will go out of her way for you with any questions or complaints that you may have. We did have a minor mishap on our last stay and after contacting Holly, she immediately remedied the situation, and went above and beyond to make us happy. That type of service is pretty rare these days.
You'll find the staff to be pleasant and cordial, from the maintenance workers, to the maids and even the gal passing out fresh cookies to the people in the lobby.
Overall we had a great week and we look forward to our next stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oceanside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

stayed @ gpp for a week! check in was fast and simple. we were greeted by friendly staff however seem like some lack off and lazyness and not to helpful. a young lady by the name of olga checked us in and provided all the right information for the kids and us to enjoy our vacation to the fullest.
Our 2 bedroom suite was beautful olga was able to work her magic to provide us with a room across from the kids pool know that our kids are our priority. we had also asked for a crib for our 4 month old and they said it be in our room in a short period of time and it sure did i was superised in how quick that was i expected a longer wait since it was so busy and soo many people therethe view was beautiful, kids loved the pool, hot tube was great and also gpp had there ativiety for kids to keep them busy through out the days.

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because the one we had booked was awful and we left. We got this on a bidding site. Check in was nice and simple. Rooms were very nice and view was beautiful. The adult pool area is very nice looking but traveling with kids we used the family pool. The pool area was ok. It looked a bit moved in the pictures and the water play area had a big yellow caution tape all around one of the play structures. The pool was pretty busy and the hot tub was full. There is no service at the pool (drinks, snacks etc) We found out that this is a timeshare place and that people who live in the area buy a timeshare and are able to use the pool whenever they want so that may be why it gets pretty full. The majority of the people we spoke to really liked this place and they were all just there using the pool and lived in the area or had family in the area who could use the pool. It was a nice stay but for the right price only.

Seal Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Let me start of my complaining that I am home typing this and we wish we were still there in Carlsbad enjoying OUR RESORT!
We packed up the car this AM while the kids were still enjoying the pool and used the shower and amenities in the gym to get the kids ready for the trip home. It did seem like the longest walk to the car ever because my three year old kept saying "we're leaving? I don't wanna go home."

This is what every parent wants when they go away a place where kids are enjoying every minute from start to finish. There were many things here we did not take advantage so I have informed everyone we must go back for the game room and the gym which were really cool. We were just having too much fun and time ran out.
Oh, and shuttle to and from Legoland avoids long lines, long walks and us taking two cars and we did not pay for parking-ding ding!
I have stayed at the Four Seasons, also the Hyatt and this is the place I will come back to because we loved the pool and also how friendly everyone was there on our visit.
I did read some of the other reviews and I think it is important to let you know that we did not have any problems. Our wait was short and I felt like everything was done to make our visit stand out from every where else I have stayed.
I think one of my kids put too much TP in the bathroom and it was taken care of immediately. This is the busiest time of the year for places in Carlsbad because everything you want is so centrally located to the Grand Pacific Palisades.
I think you must always be honest when you have an excellent stay as well as have a few mishaps. But when they are taken care of you have to give credit.
We had an excellent stay from start to finish but apparently 4 nights were not enough. We took the grandparents and we all agree we will be back so thank you to all of our friends there. We will be back!
This is a Family Resort and ideal for all we needed.

Room Tip: Call the hotel ahead of time with any concerns and speak with one of their experts. This was what s...
long beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had high hopes for this resort based on the beautiful online pictures however didn't meet my expectations and not in ways I would have thought. First, let me start off by saying that I'm 8 months pregnant with a 4 year old and luggage, so valet was going to be very important for this trip. However, very disappointed after at least five minutes of waiting for someone to come out and help and not a person in sight we proceeded to self park. The good news was at least there was luggage racks down there and I managed to squeeze us into a spot near the elevators. Once in the lobby, there were fairly long lines for check in but a nice tray of cookies so not all bad. We were greeted by a nice front desk guy who gave us our key and maps and 8 month preggo me rolled our luggage upstairs. Imagine my surprise when we open up the door to our room and two pairs of shoes are in it, and bags on the couch. Now unfortunately, I am not the first person at this resort to have said the same thing in their review so I have a feeling this is a problem for them. Major security issue there and note to self, always lock up valuables when you're not in the room. Never know who they'll give a key to. My son and I turned around and unfortunately had to make our way back, luggage and all to the front desk only to wait in more lines. My blood is pretty much boiling at this point as the front desk profusely apologizes and doesn't understand how it could have happened. They exchanged our room for a first view ocean view which was great, however, on the walk to it I was surprised to see bags of trash at almost every door, sunflower seeds all over the floor, I mean the place was a bit of a dump. Pretty surprised that this was a Hilton, I would say more at the caliber of a cheaper Holiday Inn or Econo. And for 200 a night, I think I just expected more. On the bright side they have a nice kids pool, fun activities, however, they need to step it up elsewhere. Update the rooms and get their service in order.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel? Share your experiences!