“Family Luxury!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nor-Cal
“Family Luxury!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is definatly a family resort. I stayed for 4 nights in a 1 bedroom villa. When we first arrived, we were immediatly greeted by the front desk. I was a little upset when I found out that we wouldn't have a view of the ocean, but the gal checking me in assured my family and I that we would enjoy my time at the resort... AND WE DID. The room was so clean and well stocked that I didn't miss the ocean view at all (even though it would have been nice because it rained while we were there). There was a pathway that went arround the property where you could see the ocean and flower fields. Plus there are alot of bunnies running around. My son said it was like a disney book.

The bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home! My son slept on the couch bed (I think it is a queen sized) and he actually found it soft and cozy. The couch is a little on the older side, but it was suprisingly clean and well maintained. I had a problem with my toaster the first morning, but they brought me a new one in less than 30 minutes! They even called to see if I needed anything else. I have never felt so welcome at a hotel before.

The Palisade is definatly for families with kids. I loved that I could just walk out my front door and within seconds I could take advantage of the family pool, which was heated! They have several activities every day, and even a room that had free ping pong and air hockey. The walk to Legoland took about 5 minutes, but there was a crosswalk that we were able to use. It started raining half way through our first day at legoland, so we were able to use the free shuttle on the way back to the resort. We used the shuttle 1 other time while we were stayng. It only runs to 7PM, but it took us anywhere within 5 miles!!! FREE! The drivers were always so nice and talkitive.

Extra features: There were 3 rooms to do laundry in, 1 of them was right next to my unit and I never even heard the machines going. My husband used the fitness center every morning. It was small and simple, but it never got too busy. They have a 17 and older pool, which we never used, but the view from it was amazing.

We will definatly be coming back!

The staff made us feel welcome, and they were eager to take care of us! I espicially want to thank Jazmin from the front desk - She was so nice and happy, and even took the time to ask my son some questions! You could tell she liked working there (which is always a good sign). I also want to mention that Kyle from the shuttly was just as friendly.

I only ran into one unfriendly person the whole time I was there, I forgot his name but he was a taller young man at the front desk with brown hair. He seemed inexperienced. We had a few questions that he answered, but he spent the whole time looking back at the other girl working. Like we were inturrupting their conversation. That was our only complaint!

Room Tip: Take advantage of the activities schedule! I found so many fun things to do with my family on a rain...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed at the resort over an extended weekend in a 2 bedroom villa which had a view of the famous flower fields along with an awesome ocean view. The villa was very clean and and had all the amenities a family would need while on vacation. The kitchen was well equipped, a full size dining room table for meals, and a DVD player was provided in the living room and master bedroom which we all took advantage of (movies can be rented at a Red Box at a convenience store nearby) in the evenings. Free WIFI was also provided at no extra charge to guests. :) I also loved that the villa had a balcony where you can sit and relax while enjoying the spectacular CA sunset over the ocean. :))

The kids took advantage of the activity center and the pool. I love that they have activities everyday that the entire family could participate in! We also took advantage of using the fitness center, which had ample work out equipment for all.

There were BBQ stations by the pool which the property does an excellent job keeping the grills clean. There is a Costco conveniently located accross the street so we picked up some steaks and chicken and had an awesome BBQ dinner!

Parking is underground and free! Legoland is also so conveniently located next door and love that they provided a free shuttle for resort guests.

Service thoughout the resort was excellent as well. We are looking forward to returning this summer for a week! :)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012 via mobile

From the moment we arrived you could feel the difference that one person has made in changing the atmosphere to a level of the best service I have seen in many years of ownership. Holly, the General Manager has done an excellent job of building a team that is there for you.
This past week would be comparable to my past cruiseship vacations. All of which were five diamond events.
Great job everyone and surprise, I will see you again in July.
Paul Labine

• Stayed April 2012
Richland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

My initial checkin was great but when I got to my room I found out that my ocean view was not what I expected. It was not worth what the extra that I paid. When I tried to get the Manager to contact me he was to busy to get back to me! It's to bad that I felt only like a number Its a very nice place to stay! I traveled over 2,700 miles by car to stay here to take my 6 year old to Legoland I was dissapointed. I filled out a comment card no one has ever contacted me I wonder if there system even works!

Room Tip: Make sure that you specify how important your view is to you and express to them that you want the u...
Morro Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We visited the resort with some friends who were staying for the week. We stayed for 4 nights in a 2 bedroom suite and it was great. The view from the top floor room was amazing and relaxing. The rooms were very clean and well-updated. The full kitchen and separate bathrooms were a plus. Front desk and housekeeping were really nice and helpful. The pool was great for kids and adults ( bonus that it was heated ). If we are ever in the area again, we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: ask for a top floor room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 1 week in a 2 bedroom suite overlooking the adult pool with the flower fields and ocean in view from the living room. Legoland was closed so the resort was quiet and the staff very attentive. Will be returning soon.

• Stayed January 2012
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I just returned from a 3-night stay with the wife and children. We chose this hotel because we wanted to be walking distance to Legoland. The walk is about 5-10 minutes. Plus by walking we saved by not having to pay for parking at Legoland. Underground parking at the hotel was nice since it rained.

Standard room was clean, but nothing special. Beds were a little soft for my taste. Free wi-fi in the rooms. Bathroom was bigger than I'm used to in a hotel. Showerhead height was low and I'm not that tall. Despite being on the first floor, noise wasn't as issue. We could hear the water from the room upstairs, but nothing unbearable.

Close to Carlsbad Outlet Stores and Costco Wholesale. Good number of kid-friendly restaurants nearby. Easy freeway access.

Family pool was nice, only 3-4 feet deep and a good size. Towels are provided. I didn't try out the adult-only pool.

We didn't deal with the staff much. At check-in time, they offered a gift card if we attended a time-share presentation, but we declined. We requested new towels and received them promptly.

AAA members can get the daily $16 resort fee waived.

I would stay again if the main purpose of your trip is to visit Legoland.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from lobby seemed quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel? Share your experiences!