I stayed here one night for business. It is right across from the beach. None of the rooms face the beach. You need to go out to the balcony and then look over to the beach. The room was clean and odor free of chemicals and room freshener. I greatly appreciated the lack of odor because I get migraines. The check in staff was very polite and friendly. Parking is on the first level (under the rooms on the second floor). Rooms are on the second and third floors. There is one elevator (near rooms 36 and 66 - so avoid those rooms) (see attached property plan). I don't understand the reviews that complained about the breakfast and not being able to find it. It is on the second floor right above the lobby. It has a wonderful view of the beach. You are provided a property map with it clearly marked and the check in staff informed me about it. There is a pool and small hot tub as well as laundry facilities. The room was large with a refrigerator, flat screen TV and alarm clock with mp3 plug in. I had the room with a double bed. The bathroom was small with just the tub and toilet. There was a window near the ceiling, so the bathroom could be ventilated (it is surprising to me how many motels and even high-end hotels do not have ventilation). The bathroom sink was located outside of the bathroom, in the hallway leading into the room. The lodge is conveniently located within a few miles to Legoland and the field of flowers. It is within walking distance of old town. A great value given the location. My only complaint is that the heat did not work well in my room. I had it cranked up to 80 degrees, but it was only about 68 degrees in the room.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Beach View Hotel
- Best Western Plus Beach View Hotel Carlsbad
- Best Western Carlsbad
- Carlsbad Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated in 2014, The BEST WESTERN PLUS Beach View Lodge is conveniently located at Carlsbad State Beach in the quaint seaside village of Carlsbad, only 5 minutes from Legoland, world class shopping at The Carlsbad Premium Outlets, and steps from miles of sandy beaches. A family owned and operated inn, Best Western Plus Beach View Lodge guests receive superior service, an exceptional location and unbeatable amenities for a friendly price. The guest experience is all-inclusive, with room rates that also offer complimentary breakfast, WiFi, newspapers, in-room coffee, safes, pillow top mattresses with high thread count bedding, complimentary local calls and free parking. Many rooms offer fireplaces or kitchenettes. Suites are available with separate living rooms and kitchens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Best Western, Tingo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Beach View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.