Ok, so after disneyland we drove over to Carlsbad and booked this place based on a random find and as part of our trip we visited San Diego.
We have 3 young kids and this place was pretty much heaven, not because we just spent 3 days walking disneyland but this "not busy" feel hotel was perfect.
1. Stones throw? Its closer than that, its directly on the beach period.
2. Room was really nice and large forget what unit we had.
3. Beach was awesome, kids body boarded for hours.
4. Beach is so large that it just doesn't feel busy.
5. There hotel was fully booked and there was never more than 10 to 15 people around the pool. No need to fight for space or chairs or anything.
6. Constantly someone walking around picking up towels or looking after you to get toys for the kids.
7. Continental breakfast was perfect with a nice lounge area.
8. Train station for San Diego is a 5 min walk away.
9. Sound of the waves from the room was "LOUD" and just perfect. (I can't believe the reviews complaining above the sound of the ocean and they booked a hotel on the beach)
Need i go on. I really hate to provide such a good review of this place as i want to keep to myself but i must say we really had a great time in Carlsbad.
The people downtown Carlsbad were also extremely nice and we were constantly being formally welcomed from Canada. I couldn't believe this place it was like a dream.
We will definately be back in 2013. Chow