“Friendly, relaxing and great value” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2775 Ocean St, Carlsbad, CA 92008   |
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #1 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
“Friendly, relaxing and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Where do I start. My wife and I are on honeymoon and when booking our trip from Scotland were looking for something special for 2 nights en-route to New Zealand. Boy did we find it. On check in we were offered a choice of rooms, but to be honest it didn't matter as all rooms are increadibly well thought out, and very well decorated. What strikes me about this hotel is the attention to detail, for example the complementary bottle of wine sent to the room to help us celebrate our honeymoon. The staff are so helpful and nothing seems too much trouble. The hotel has recently remodelled it's guest area where I'm currently enjoying my breakfast in what can only be described as the most calming zen like space I've ever eaten in. I can only hope that the rest of the hotels we stay in on this trip can match this, but I think it's goin to be a tall order.

Thanks beach terrace inn for an amazing start to our special vacation.

• Stayed December 2012

707 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Oceanside, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I loved this hotel I stayed in the king suite omg I loved the shower I wish it was my bathroom at home only thing I would add would be curtains I'm a late sleeper but other then that I'm in love for get Jamaica of a freakin honeymoon I'm coming here

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We wanted a room close to the ocean, and this hotel fit the bill perfectly. We had one of the King Oceanfront Rooms, and it just couldn't have been nicer. Great room, spectacular bathroom, and unbelievable view. The pool, the breakfast, the front desk, all first rate. We got the special rate for buy two nights, get the third night free, and it was a geeat value!

• Stayed January 2012
Meadow Vista, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Beach Terrace Inn was a fantastic find right on the water. Set back from noise, except the sound of waves, it offers clean, lovely, large rooms, the beach at your fingertips and great service. We stayed accidentally and have returned twice. Our room was upgraded due to the time of year and not being full, and when we had a credit card dispute it was taken care of immediately. I highly recommend this haven whether on business or for relaxation.

Room Tip: Room 29 is stellar.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was our 3rd visit and I cannot wait to go back again. If you are looking for a comfortable peaceful place to on the beach near San Diego, this is the place! The rooms are clean, large the bed is soo comfortable and the views are amazing. The staff is courteous and the complimentary breakfast is superb. We will definitely be back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front - the views are amazing.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Whether you're planning a trip to Legoland or a romantic getaway at the seashore, the Beach Terrace Inn is unquestionably the place to stay. Prices are decent, Staff is friendly and helpful, and the location is ideal. The Beach Terrace Inn is one of the exceptionally few hotels in Southern Caliornia that are actually on the sand. The hotel completed major renovations in 2009 so rooms and facilities are clean and well appointed. Other amenities include free WiFi, free parking and complimentary continental breakfast--served in beautifully decorated guest lounge with a stunning view.
Tips:
Other than the complimentary breakfast, food is not available on the premises. There are some restaurants within walking distance, but I recommend stocking up at the Albertsons supermarket on Carlsbad Village Drive (next to the 5 Freeway).
And, reserve your room well in advance: Arguably one of the top places to stay in Carlsbad, this Hotel tends to fill up quickly.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the lower rooms on the Sand. Preferably further away from the pool area which can...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The rooms are quite spacious and well decorated. Breakfast is served from 7 to 11 am and everything was great. When we told the desk we needed different pillows, they had them in our room before we got back from walking on the beach. The new pillows were perfect. The walk-in shower was great and I would stay again, anytime.

Room Tip: They do not have a restaurant on site but there are so many nice ones to choose from within walking...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Terrace Inn? Share your experiences!