“lego land spring fling” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Carlsbad

You added Ramada Carlsbad to your Saves list
Ramada Carlsbad
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   751 Macadamia Drive, Poinsettia exit off I-5, Carlsbad, CA 92011   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Spent the night here with my little one. The hotel is very close to Lego Land and the ocean, which is great. The room itself was clean, and the bed was pretty comfortable. The breakfast was decent, the status quo type. The only negative was the water was cold. I left it running for over 10 minutes and it did not get hot or even warm. It was a cold wash up for me.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are next to the freeway.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for one night. The single rooms are right next to the 5 Freeway. As we layed in bed, all we could hear was the sound of cars, motorcycles and trucks "all night long".
We were told that only the larger rooms were located on the other side of the building, away from the freeway. It was miserable. The staff were nice and the food was standard hotel cereal, waffles etc. etc.. We were disappointed that no one from the hotel gave us any warning about the noise from the freeway. Cigarette butts and small trash lined the parking area. We would never recommend staying at this Ramada.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not on the side next to the 5 Freeway.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bay Area, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Ah, sigh. Six years ago, I was pretty happy with a stay at the Ramada Carlsbad. This time, not so much. The price is quite good, especially for a suite. The breakfast is good for the money. Make-your-own waffles + the usual cereals and muffins, in a nice breakfast room overlooking the pool. That's all good.

Now we get to the bad bits. We were in an 'accessible' room the first few days. The bathroom is huge and the hot water sufficient (though the shower head would not stay at the height form a person who is standing.) We moved because a room further in (and away from I-5) became available. (I should mention that the staff are very friendly and helpful.)

That other room was fine, but my main complaint was that the shower would not produce hot water. It's one of those two-control shower controls. The inner knob is the water pressure and the outer ring sets the temperature. Allegedly. First day, no one could figure out how to set it anything other than cold. I tried every 45-degrees around the circle. I happened upon the temperature 'merely unpleasant'. On the next day, the water was particularly cold. That's when I discovered that the temperature ring was sliding in and out (it's not supposed to). If I recall, when it was in toward the tub (touching the pressure knob) turning it had no effect. Pushed back towards the wall, I finally found positions that gave warm water. Never the same position twice, mind you, but warm water could be found. I wish you luck!

In spite of the cheap price, I'm not likely to stay here again unless I hear it's been refurbushed/remodeled.

Room Tip: You might want to request 'away from the freeway side'. It's not horrible (we were in 1...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Kelly is amazing!!!!!!!!! She made my night in every way possible. She greeted us with a beautiful smile and explained everything about our stay and made us feel so welcome. I will not only recommend this hotel to friends and family but I will stay here every time I am in the area. The room is so clean and nice and has everything you need, feels homey! And has a great pool and jacuzzi!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Ramada Carlsbad? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Carlsbad

Address: 751 Macadamia Drive, Poinsettia exit off I-5, Carlsbad, CA 92011
Location: United States > California > Carlsbad
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Carlsbad 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Carlsbad By The Sea Hotel Carlsbad
Carlsbad Ramada

If you own or manage Ramada Carlsbad, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.