“Great location for Legoland” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Carlsbad

Save Saved
You added Ramada Carlsbad to your Saves list
Ramada Carlsbad
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   751 Macadamia Drive, Poinsettia exit off I-5, Carlsbad, CA 92011   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #31 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
Singapore
“Great location for Legoland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Just 7 minutes drive to legoland. It has a great breakfast range (waffles, muffins etc). Best breakfast offered amongst the 6 places we statyed during our trip travelling down the west coast from SF to San Diego.

Room Tip: The reception was really good in offering a room away from the highway. So dont get discouraged by i...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
This is a really nice review. I appreciate you taking the time to review us. We are in a beautiful area and convenient to all. We hope to see you again soon. Best,
Cris

557 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Claremont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

For the rate we paid, the room and breakfast were fine and I have no complaints. What I was somewhat surprised and disappointed by was the customer service at the front desk. When my family and I arrived, the booking agency we used to reserve our room had not forwarded our reservation request. We needed to call to request that they do so. What I found surprising was that my partner and I were expected to use our cell phones to make the call to a toll-free number. It wasn't until we had trouble getting through that one of the attendants used the front desk phone to call. Finally, my partner got through to an agent who was able to help. Since when is it policy to have customers provide their own customer service?

CARLSBAD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I reserved a room for my brother and wife who were visiting over Christmas, requesting a king-sized bed. I was told that they didn't have any king-sized beds, and could only get a queen. When they checked in late and tired, they found that the room had only a full-sized bed, clearly smaller than the queen sized bed I had requested and that they sleep in every night. When I called the hotel this morning, I was told that I was wrong and that their computer said their room had a queen sized bed, and that she "was never wrong". When I asked to speak to the manager, I was told that she was out briefly, but would call me back shortly. I never received a call back. My brother and his wife had difficulty sleeping on the small bed. The hotel made no effort to check the room to ascertain what was actually in there, and showed no concern for our negative experience. I would advise other travelers to try other hotels in the area that care about guest comfort and concerns. As a note, the room was very small, which is why the hotel may have substituted full sized beds for their advertised queen sized beds to make the room seem larger.

Yuma, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

First of all, I would like to compliment the great staff they have! They were very helpful and made our experience at the Ramada Carlsbad very enjoyable. I have 2 small children and they loved the heated pool; it also helped me to get a little work done while they were kept busy with swimming. Also, their continental breakfast was perfect for a single mother in a hurry and on a budget. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a family that is looking for a nice hotel at an affordable price. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Been to Ramada Carlsbad? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Carlsbad

Address: 751 Macadamia Drive, Poinsettia exit off I-5, Carlsbad, CA 92011
Location: United States > California > Carlsbad
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #31 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Carlsbad 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Wyndham, Tingo, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Ramada Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Carlsbad By The Sea Hotel Carlsbad
Carlsbad Ramada

If you own or manage Ramada Carlsbad, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.