“Great place to stay! Very close to LegoLand.” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Ramada Carlsbad to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ramada Carlsbad
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   751 Macadamia Drive, Poinsettia exit off I-5, Carlsbad, CA 92011   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #31 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
Palos Verdes Estates, California
“Great place to stay! Very close to LegoLand.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We really enjoyed staying in the 2 bedroom suite! The hotel was very close to Lego Land which made it even nicer. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We liked the 2 bedroom suite.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
hotelmanager54, Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Thank you for the review. We are glad that our 2 Bedroom Suite worked for you. We offer this room type because we are aware that families come to stay with us because of our location. This way everyone can have their own space. Our close proximity to Legoland makes our location perfect for families looking to visit the park. Call us directly at 760.438.2285 when you want to come back and visit us. Thank you, Jose Uribe Ramada Carlsbad.

557 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Reno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

This was such a great stay. I came with my two kids and there are so many things that I loved, let me use bullets:
*I loved that our 2 double bed room had a separate living room. I have two kids who wake up at different times and it was so helpful being able to go out and watch TV with one kid without worrying about waking the other. Also, when my husband wanted to watch baseball he could go in the bedroom, close the door and watch the game while we watched cartoons in the other room.
*The hot continental breakfast they offer BLEW MY MIND! They offered fresh made waffles (that you make yourself which my kids just loved), bagels, cereal, potatoes, sausage, yogurt, toast, muffins AND MORE. I was so happy because my husband had just complained about the breakfast at the hotel we stayed at the night before. But when we went down for breakfast that day he was so excited to have sausage and his very first waffle. My three year old who is a picky eater was thrilled with fruit loops and good yogurt. I am a vegetarian so the oatmeal and bagels made my day. As far as coffee goes this coffee was amazing.
*The little kitchenette was roomy, with a big sink, and a fridge large enough for all of our dinner left overs. The couch was big and roomy plus the little table and chairs were the perfect size for kids without being so small as to cramp the adults.
*The heated pool was great. It was large and my kids had a blast. The hotel even provided towels which was an extra bonus because the ones we had packed were soaked from Lego Land. The hot tub was also really nice after a long day of being dragged from roller coaster to roller coaster.
*I loved the little snack dispenser. It offered great little frozen treats and even had the candy bars cold (a super bonus in my book).
*The laundry room was very handy (see above wet towels)

Overall it was a really great experience. I can't wait to come back and stay again (this time maybe I'll leave the kids)!

Room Tip: The 2 double bed rooms come with a separate living room WITH A SEPARATE DOOR!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We are happy to hear that your room type served you well. It is good to hear that every family member had a great time. The amenities that we offer such as the hot breakfast and heated pool are here to make your stay pleasant and it sounds like you took advantage of them. Good for you! We look forward to seeing you soon. Please call us directly at 760.438.2285 when you want to visit us again. Thank you, Jose Uribe Ramada Carlsbad
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

The managment team has always been great to work with and accommidating.
The rooms in Carlsbad have been above average rooms
The location is perfect for me, my clients are located in North County. and restuarants are close by.
the management team Knows me very and always seems to go out of there way to accommidate my needs.

The outside hall ways and driving area could be a little cleaner(my only bad review)

Room Tip: best rooms are on the west side, but I prefer the south side second floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
hotelmanager54, Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Thank you so much for your continued patronage throughout the years. We are happy that our hotel is the perfect location for your business needs. Our location is very close to restaurants for any type of meeting you might have in the area. We will address the one issue that you mentioned. Look forward to seeing you next week! Thank you, Jose Uribe Ramada Carlsbad.
Paso Robles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Their was stains on the floor and couch, the carpet nail strip was showing and poked my foot, the curtains didn't match, an the smell was awefull. The air conditioner barely worked. I am very dissatisfied with my stay. I asked for extra sheets to put over couch and the staff made it seem like a big deal. The guest service was short and not very kind. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
hotelmanager54, Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We apologize that your stay was less than what you expected. Be assured that the maintenance issues will be dealt with in order to improve our service for future guests. We will make sure to address the issues with the front desk staff and action will be taken to ensure that this does not happen again. We hope to get another chance in the near future to meet your expectations. Thank you, Jose Uribe Ramada Carlsbad.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We are a family of four with two school age kids. Before booking this hotel we looked for condo rentals in Carlsbad in August and the prices were out of space. Therefore we were glad to find this one bedroom suite with breakfast included for only $100 per night at Ramada. We stayed for 6 nights and we loved a lot of things. Of course the carpet, couch, were old, but we didn't mind. We had to drive to the beach about 5 min, but the waves were very good for boogie board. The other beaches we went were not so good. We also liked the pool, it was long enough, and the maid cleaning service. I heard other people complained about the rooms, so I wanted to share my opinion. For the price we paid it was a very good deal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
hotelmanager54, Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you liked and what we could improve on. Glad to hear that your 1 Bedroom Suite was adequate for your family needs. The free breakfast and heated pool are some of the amenities that families can enjoy during their stay. Be assured that we are working on improving the condition of the rooms in the months to come. Hopefully you will be back to see all those improvements. See you soon. Thank you, Jose Uribe Ramada Carlsbad.
Anaheim, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

I requested 2 beds upon reservation and got a 1 bed standard room .I requested a roll away bed and they said the room is too small to accomodate a roll away bed. The desk clerk wanted $25.00 to upgrade to a 1 bed plus a sofa bed. I paid $100.00 a night and when I checked their rate on line for that night it was $83.00 for a standard 2 bedroom and $105 for a 2 bedroom suite. But when I requested to be transferred to a 2 bedroom they said they don't have availability.
The toilet flush was not working properly, you have to flush 3-4 times before it completely flushes. Their website claimed they have HBO, the room had a regular tv with regular channels only. No flat screen and no cable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Sorry to hear that your stay was not a pleasant one. We will double check that all the issues witht the room have been resolved. If you are ever back in the area, give us a call directly at 760.438.2285 and we will make sure that you are in the room type that you need. Look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you, Jose Uribe Ramada Carlsbad.
Linden, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

This hotel was extremely clean. Our family room exceeded our expectations by having enough space 3 beds and a sofa bed, two bathrooms, and a complete kitchen. I had several requests for the hotel staff and they met each request with a smile and in a timely manner (example: pots and dishes for kitchen, extra towels). The pool and hot tub were well kept up and my boys used the facilities every day. One great benefit was the free breakfast. My family ate at the hotel every morning and the food selection was good and they especially enjoyed the waffle maker. We were on the go each day and the breakfast made a nice difference in my wallet. This hotel is also very close to a great beach and to the facilities that accomodate the Surf Cup. I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends and I also hope to come back next year when my son goes to the Surf Cup Soccer Tournament again.

Room Tip: This hotel and my family room was perfect for a larger family
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Ramada Carlsbad? Share your experiences!