You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Corona, California
“Awsome Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

Just wanted to write you a thank you note for our recent stay at your property, my family and I had a great stay; your staff was very polite and professional, wanted to point out the gentlemen that worked in engineering that night of April 17, 2010 I apologized for not remembering his name; but he was very professional, he ask how was our room and our stay was, and told us that he was working until 11pm in case we needed anything, very customer service oriented. The rooms were spotless and the breakfast was great and convenient along with the location near Legoland. Once again thank you.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
san diego, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

We stayed here the first time in Oct '09 and liked it so much that we went back again in April '10. The location is just a couple miles from the 5 freeway and restaurants, but right across from the Carlsbad airport (it's a small airport, I'd call it an airstrip). It's located next to the Hampton Inn, but I had to choose and went with the Homewood since we had a kid and needed a kitchen in the suite, the pool, breakfast (go early). You can stop at the Costco on your way in if you want to cook in your room.. We bought a pre-made meatloaf one night and it was inexpensive.. You will see the Carlbad flower fields, Legoland, the outlets and costco before you hit this place.. It's worth it!

I like the fact that you have a seperate living room area from the bedroom just in case someone wants to take a nap. We got a king size suite for the 3 of us and I thought that was just enough room for us. Anymore people and it would of been too small. The room did not have a DVD player, but it had free wifi. It had a full kitchen. The table sat 3 people. The shower seemed to be on massage high power mode and was placed to high for me to change, but my husband loved it?? This time we had the 3rd floor and it was quiet (we had the first floor last time and it was loud due to the pool). The pool was busy everyday and so was the jacuzzi. Breakfasts was BUSY, so go early. We did decide to go out for breakfast one day and chose the Broken Yoke and that place was busy but was worth it. Service was very good and we didn't wait at all for a table.

I recommend Homewood Suites if you have kids and like a seperate living space from the bedroom. It's not for honeymooners. It's clean, kid friendly and decorated nicely. There really isn't anything bad to say about this place. My boys liked it and thats what matters. To be honest, my husband liked the free breakfasts..Overall, we'd go again..

Lititz, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

My husband reserved adjoining rooms, but upon arrival we were told there were no adjoining rooms available. Therefore, my husband had to sleep in one room with a child and I had to sleep in another room with the other children. I also had a shower that only worked on high massage mode which was painful. In the morning the manager apologized and moved us to a two bedroom suite.
My next complaint is that half the food ran out during their managers cocktail hour which was 5-7 and there weren't a lot of people there.
Finally, they ran out of towels during the day at the pool. I asked the manager once and another man asked the manager twice and after an hour still no towels. People were running to their room dripping wet. We ended up going back to our room before the towels arrived too. I also want to mention that the ping pong table was falling apart and the paddles look ed like a dog had been chewing on them for a long time.

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

I had this hotel recommended by a colleague, and booked it for a 2 night stay before we planned on staying in downtown San Diego. We arrived just in time for the managers reception, which was perfect for my 2 children- no waiting for food at a restaurant, good variety etc... We were booked into the 2 queen bedroom suite, and loved the option of putting the kids to bed while still being able to watch tv etc.. The pool was a little too cold, but the hot tub was great, and so was the breakfast in the morning.

We liked it so much, I tried to extend our reservation, but they were all full. When we arrived at our new hotel, I was totally spoiled by our stay here and called back one last time- they had a cancellation, and while we had to switch to a king suite, which was less ideal, our stay was still far better than it would have been at the other hotel.

Our new room was right next to the pool and the conference rooms. We were amazed at how quiet it was considering it was spring break.

If we head to California again, I will definitely book this hotel for the entire duration of our trip.

Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

My husband and I and our 3 young children stayed here during a spring break trip to Legoland. I researched and read reviews for days before finally settling on this hotel, and we were not disappointed in any way. We had the 1 bedroom suite with 2 queen beds, and it was wonderful, from the moment we arrived. The front desk staff was very helpful and courteous. They served a complimentary light dinner as well as the complimentary breakfast (neither of which we actually ate, only because it was so crowded, but we knew it would be, being spring break, but everything certainly smelled good!). The beds were amazing, the room was immaculate, the housekeeping staff there is first-rate. Each day when we returned from our adventures, we found our room spotless, towels restocked, even more toiletries left for us. Absolutely first-class service! The room had a small kitchen with full-size refrigerator, stove, and even a dishwasher (very nice for cleaning Legoland souvenir cups and baby bottles). Dish soap was provided as well. They also had a small store by the front desk that had a little bit of everything--cans of soup, frozen dinners, souvenirs, bathroom items, sodas--it was fantastic!

I really can't say enough good things about this hotel. We would be hard pressed to find a better value in the area!

Altadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

My sister booked the room, so I had no idea what I was getting into. I was pleasantly surprised by the spacious and beautiful unit! There were two rooms. The first was a living room with a fold out bed that my daughter slept in. It had a flat screen TV, dining table, and a kitchen with a regular sized fridge! The master had a king size bed, flat screen and bath. We were next to the pool, which was surprisingly quiet and the large windows flooded the room with sunlight. The breakfast was my favorite amenity...it was the full meal deal!!! DELICIOUS! They had everything; make your own waffles, eggs, toast, oatmeal...you name it! My only complaint was I could hear everything next door. The walls and door were thin. Thankfully, it was a family next door and they kept the same hours we did!

Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

We stayed at this property during our 7 year old twins school spring break and our trip to Legoland. We were impressed with the service here. The breakfast was great and the evening light meals were wonderful too. We were there from Tuesday night thru Friday morning and took advantage of the meals, and helped us budget for the trip. The evening meal is not offered on the weekends. We were in King suite with a pull out sofa bed and slept well. We did not hear others in nearby rooms or the hallway. We would definitly stay here again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County? Share your experiences!