“I usually love this hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2223 Palomar Airport Rd, Carlsbad, CA 92011   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Los Angeles, California
“I usually love this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel 6 or 7 times and keep coming back with my family. We really love this hotel- the breakfast in the morning, the dinner reception at night, the kitchenette in our room, the heated pool.... And on top of that we are able to bring our family pet along on our vacation! We just got home from our most recent stay and unfortunately this stay wasn't as great as the others. When we got our keys and walked into our room there was a pepperoni on the floor. Ew? Then in our room under the bed skirt there was a candy wrapper. Not a big deal to us, we understand that those things happens sometimes. We were certainly not going to say anything about it, it's just not a huge deal to us. Next we headed to the pool (around 3:30...) and there were no towels by the pool. I went in and asked the front desk if we should use our room towels of if there were pool towels? They said they would send someone right out with some towels. At 4:30 after an hour of swimming, when we were ready to get out and get cleaned up for dinner at 5, there still had been to towels brought out. :( Then the next morning we go to breakfast around 8:30 and there's barely anyone in the breakfast area (that's why I love visiting this hotel mid-week and in the off-season- it's so quiet!). I moved a small 2 person table next to a 4 person table so that my family of 5 would be accomodated for breakfast and we had a very nice breakfast together. There's always plenty of food and a great variety. As we were getting close to finishing up I decided to start making some room at the table, before one of the kids accidentally knocked something over, so I brought a few plates to the plate bin and through some trash away etc. When I came back to the table a member of the staff was at our table moving our two tables apart. My kids, not knowing what else to do, got up and were standing around the table wondering why the tables were being taken apart.. When I went back over there the lady (she was a heavier hispanic lady) said "I need to put the tables back.". Uh.. okay?? I was so confused! There's no one here so it's not an issue of needing for tables for other people?? And there's still 30 minutes left for the complimentary breakfast?? It was so bizarre. Anyways, I've never had a bad experience at this hotel until now but I'm sure these were just isolated incidents and I hope if we return again one day it will be an experience like the great ones we've had in the past.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Whittier, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel staff was incredibly friendly, hotel is clean and rooms are quality. Location is great for the Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas area business travel. I have found Homewood Suites to be a great place to stay on business travel, and while I have not stayed in one with my family, I would choose Homewoods for leisure as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our family stayed here last summer during our visit to Carlsbad/San Diego/LegoLand. We had a corners suite (sorry can't remember the room #) that was quiet and perfect. The kitchenette was great and really helped stretch our food budget - Trader Joe's nearby. Our kids loved the pool and ping pong table. The ping pong table is too close to the guest BBQ grills (our boys got yelled at by a crabbly coupld grilling a meal).

Its a short drive to LegoLand, the beach and San Diego. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rohnert Park, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The best hotel I've stayed at in this price range. All the emenities of a luxury hotel for the price of Motel6 (three people in a suite worked out to $66 each per night.) The complimentary breakfast, Managers evening reception, and dinners also provided savings and the convenience of staying in one location for most meals. The location was far enough away from HWY 5 that there was no freeway noise, yet the proximatey to the freeway provided easy access to all the locations scheduled in our trip.

Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great stay and experience. we really enjoyed it and would certaily recommend others try it too. Wish more hotels were lke this one. you have to be anut to be doing this because the review designers are insisting that I write a minimum of 200 characters. I think they are nuts. If they want an honest opinion, they should not demand 200 characters.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a great hotel. Based on the parking lot and amount of people I saw come in, the hotel was probably full but it remained organized and quiet. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Couch was a bit uncomfortable but beds were perfect.

Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have 2 year old twins so the only way we could get some alone time after the boys go to sleep was to get a suite. The full kitchen was perfect for being able to prepare meals for the boys. THe breakfast was great. Both my boys now regularly request "muffins".

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County? Share your experiences!