“Worst sleep of my life” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2223 Palomar Airport Rd, Carlsbad, CA 92011   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Carlsbad, California
“Worst sleep of my life”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Beds are okay but sofa bed is like sleeping right on the metal frame! My family has three more nights to go, I asked front desk for help but there was a message on my phone saying we already had a newer mattress and there was nothing hy could do, definitely the worst sofa bed we've encountered. Not the sleep I had hoped for staying at a Hilton owned property. The Internet connection is very poor. Everything else is excellent. Very nice breakfast, I will be curious to see if they listened to the previous review and offer a vegetarian option at Monday's reception. I would never book here again if I required a sofa bed, without a good sleep it tends to ruin a vacation!

Room Tip: Don't expect a Hilton quality sleep at this location!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thompson M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were unable to sleep well on the sofa sleeper. We are looking into getting extra matress pads for the sofa sleepers during these high demand times. I am glad you are enjoying the breakfast.

Thompson Mosher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stay at a lot of hotels for business. This place BY FAR goes over the top to make sure each customer is comfortable and enjoying their stay. I enter and exit with staff smiling at me asking if I need anything. At dinner, I say I am from the east coast and the staff connects me with other "east coasters". I never complain or compliment but this place deserves a big thumbs up!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thompson M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time here with us and the staff took great care of you. We stride to make each and every guest feel welcome and look forward to seeing them again when they return for the same feeling. Hope to see you again when visiting the San Diego area also!!!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel has by far the best staff. Everyone is always smiling, always offering assistance, and so personable. Even the way the staff communicate and work together is astounding. The rooms are always clean, with a "homey feeling". Water and fresh coffee always available in the lobby, never runs out. The breakfast and dinner offered is wonderful with a large and clean seating area. complimentary beer and wine is a plus, always with a smiling bartender! I would rave about this place to anyone. This hotel is great for families, couples, business, and vacation. Thank you for always making me feel at home Homewood Suites, Carlsbad!

Room Tip: They are all wonderful!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We like to say this is your "home away from home", and I am glad we were able to make you feel this way. So now you know you always have a home in the San Diego area. Please Come home soon, we already miss you. ;) Thank you for your kind words they will be shared with the staff.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am writing this review half way through a 10 day stay at this hotel. We are here at the tail end of a 7 week extended holiday in California, Arizona and Nevada. We decided to stay here instead of putting in an extra 1000 miles before returning home from San Diego at the end of the month.

I would rate this hotel as overwhelmingly positive. The suite is clean, modern with a comfortable king bed, two flat screen TVs (one in the bedroom and one in the living room). A complete, modern kitchen with a well stocked cupboard, a good wi-fi connection. Breakfast is nice with a wide choice in the morning, including the usual eggs, bacon, waffles, toast, yogurt, fruit salad, etc. From Monday - Thursday, the hotel offers a complimentary dinner with wine and beer. Finally, the staff could not do more for us.

However, I want to comment on the following. We arrived during the spring school break in California and Arizona. The hotel is packed with families. At breakfast and dinner, it is nigh impossible to find a table. Breakfast is served between 7 - 9 in the morning a dinner from 5 - 7 in the evening. Because of the huge number of families with young children, the dining experience is chaotic to say the least. During the school holidays, the hotel's dining hours should be expanded to compensate for the crowd. I suggested this to management and they said their dining hours are governed by Hilton corporate policy. While I understand they must follow the company's rules, the company should understand that one size does not fit all and it should make leeway for extraordinary circumstances.

My other comment is that there is no vegetarian choice on the complimentary dinner. We are vegetarians. Staff did everything they could to accommodate our vegetarian requirements. They went out and bought food for us. But, it woud have been easier for them (and perhaps for other clients who are not as vocal as we are in insisting upon vegetarian meals) that they provide a vegetarian selection up front. We were told we were the only ones requesting a vegetarian meal. While I have no doubt this was the case and again, staff were more than accommodating, would it not be easier if they could provide an alternative selection up front?

The hotel is on a major street. That said, parking is easy and the rooms are quiet.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thompson M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I am glad you all decided to extend your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback about the vegetarian options. We will be sure to look into that and possibly extending out the breakfast hours during busy times. We hope to see you all back soon!!!

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed here over a weekend and this place can beat any 5 star hotel hands down with the kind of service they provide.I was amazed at how friendly the hotel staff is and how willingly helpful they were.The Breakfast was very good and the kids had a great time playing in the Pool.
The rooms are very clean and i would definitely recommend this place to anybody traveling to Carlsbad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thompson M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We are happy that you found the Homewood Suites in Carlsbad a great place to stay for the clean rooms, great breakfast and friendly staff. We hope to see you again soon!!! Thank You for your great review.

Folsom, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Not sure what they are putting in the water for the employees of Homewood Suites in Carlsbad but Hilton should bottle it and have employees at all their properties drink it. Their customer service is consistently fantastic...from all employees. Friendly, results oriented and attentive. I was a bit worried about the location beside the airport but it isn't an issue at all. This is a highly recommend if you will be in the area for business or pleasure, with kids or without.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for your kind review. We stride to be the best when it comes to service in the area and we glad you were able to experiance that level that we shoot for. Look forward to seeing you again in the future!!!

Oxford, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Really wonderful place to stay close to Pendleton and downtown San Diego. Very helpful staff, quiet and clean room! Homewood Suites is my favorite brand of hotel to use while traveling in the continental US. Very much appreciate the efficiency and effectiveness of their accomodations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thompson M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. Many of our guests are visiting Camp Pendleton, and we are glad you were one of them. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Thompson Mosher

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County? Share your experiences!