“Top Class Staff & Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2223 Palomar Airport Rd, Carlsbad, CA 92011   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Arroyo Grande, California
“Top Class Staff & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I have stayed at the Homewood Suites in Carlsbad on two occasions, once for 10 days and most recently for 21 days. The hotel is modern and has nice amenities, including a pool, hot tub and exercise room. But the most important amenity is the high quality management and their hard working staff. My husband and I had the "pleasure" of witnessing the service abilities of the hotel staff during an 8 hour long power outage. The management and all of their staff did a wonderful job keeping the quest happy, informed and secure. Kudos to everyone, but particularly to Ms. Jones the assistant general manager, for their hard work and long hours on that dark night. Well done.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

This was our first experience having the pleasure staying at the wonderful Homewood Suites in Carlsbad and definitely not our last!!!

My boyfriend and I being local San Diego natives,were invited to an open bar wedding nearby at a golf course and needed a place close by to pass out at....i mean sleep! LOL We stayed for two nights and it was a great overall little getaway! From the moment we arrived our impressions of the hotel were high with the overall aesthetics and cleanliness of the Main lobby. This hotel is truly a mini home away from home with all the great services they offer the guests:

PROS:
-welcoming and friendly staff who are genuinely wanting each customer to have a great stay!

-convenient hotel layout/access to rooms, dinning lodge, pool, game area, gym, game room

-Spacious rooms with stocked kitchen area and fridge for your personal use

-complementary hot cold breakfast, and M-Th light dinner with FREE beer and wine for the adults...Real $$ saver in my opinion and the food/drinks are good!

-Grocery,dry-cleaning, and shuttle service (not that we used but still awesome to have as an option!)

CONS:
-not necessarily a couples "ROMANTIC" get away due to the family & kid atmosphere.....BUT we did not mind at all, we enjoy the company of others and kids are no problem for us!

**Can't say we really had any cons at this hotel!

If your looking for an affordable stay with above average amenities just right for you or your family this is one of the finest in Carlsbad!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We planned our stay for two nights and visited Legoland and moved to another hotel in San Diego for a Padres game. Well, first off, this hotel is an excellent choice for family travelers who are venturing to Legoland. The rooms are very spacious, the kitchenettes are a very nice amenity and the split room is a great way to spread out. My family was impressed by the kitchenette, which was fully stocked with every utensil, plate, pots & pans, and glassware. Very cool! There was also microwave popcorn in the room which my kids enjoyed. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and the breakfast area was well stocked. The location is not near the beach, but a very easy drive and the price was well worth the stay. As I mentioned earlier, we stayed two nights and moved to another (more expensive and high-end) hotel down in San Diego on the harbor. By comparison, Homewood Suites was BY FAR the best value. Not in price, but in service and amenities. If I had it to do over again, I would have booked our entire stay at Homewood. They have a loyal customer in my family!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011 via mobile

We were in town one night visiting Legoland and stayed one night before heading out to Las Vegas. When we arrived they knew it was our anniversary so they gave is a free movie which was a hit wig the kids. We had a big dinner after Legoland, but if we had known we would've went straight to our hote because they a beautiful spread of pasta and more. They also had complimentary wine again I wish I would've known because we had stopped to buy a bottle of wine beforehand. The room was gorgeous and brand new looking. We usually stay at the west inn when we visit Legoland which is fabulous. But the Homewood suites was a great choice. We were using our Hilton honors points and we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed June 2011
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Carlsbad, our 2nd experience with Homewood, and we were extremely pleased. We are big fans of Embassy Suites, but there isn't a Embassy located in Carlsbad. Homewood gives us the same ammenities as the Embassy, just downscaled and simplified, but the price also reflects this. We travel with 2 children, so having the separate bedroom with a door is a must. We love the full fridge and kitchenette and the breakfast (downscaled from the Embassy breakfast-no made to order omelet bar, pancakes or sausage & bacon) provided us with everything we needed (eggs, potatoes, biscuits, waffles, cereals, oatmeal) for 2 adults, a toddler and a baby just starting on table foods. My only complaint was that I wish they had more fresh fruit for our kids, just apples and oranges, which is a bit challenging for a 9 mo old. Bananas & melons would have been preferred. Our room was very well designed with the bathroom in the bedroom, it was quiet and very comfortable. The staff was all very pleasant and helpful. We plan on seeking out Homewood Suite locations for our future vacation plans. My son missed the glass elevators and Koi in the lobby (like at the Embassy), but for ~$80 less a night, I am OK with skipping those features. If you stay Mon - Thurs they have a light dinner and happy hour. We miss the Saturday evening Happy hour that Embassy provides, but they have a little convenience "store" in the lobby and we bought a very reasonable priced decent bottle of wine for us to enjoy in our room (which is stocked with a bottle opener) and we were very happy to enjoy a couple of glasses after our kids went to sleep in the family room area. The family room is also big enough to pull out the sofa sleeper and our pack & play and still not feel crowded. I feel that we will be regular guests of the Homewood brand of hotels. Location is a bit inland, so if you are looking for a beach location, this isn't it. It is located near a commerce area of Carlsbad, but still only about 5 min from Legoland which was the reason for our visit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I travel on business weekly, and this is the nicest Homewood Suites I've stayed at (I stayed 4 nights in September, 2011). Every person on staff I encountered was pleasant and cordial, whether walking down the hall (they said "Hello" as they looked me in the eye), being served a beer during dinner time (4 beers on tap, and 4 wines each evening), and during check-in and check-out. My room was fresh and neat (not worn and tired like many Homewood Suites), and the king bed seemed new (none of the permanent indentations older beds have).
The hotel was busy with many guests, but food never ran out during meals and the trash cans were emptied before they overflowed.
The hotel is directly across the street from the Palomar Airport (mainly private planes), but I don't remember hearing any noise while in my room - I did hear a few planes while eating outside and swimming in the pool.
I hope I get to stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Enjoyed my stay here - my business associate and I had a great time enjoying the accommodations. It's in a great location with shopping and restaurants close driving distance.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County? Share your experiences!