“The weekend I didn't know I needed” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 1 Carlsbad B&B and Inns
Lafayette
“The weekend I didn't know I needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I came to Carlsbad last weekend to run a corporate half marathon and to have a visit with my mother. I booked an extra night and it really was the weekend getaway that I did not know I needed. Beautiful room and fabulous food.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I spent my birthday at the lovely Pelican Cove B&B. We chose the Coronado room since it is on the ground floor and were pleased to learn it was separated from the main house. The room is decorated for a perfect romantic, secluded getaway in peach/green decor. We loved the 4 poster king feather bed.

The breakfasts Nancy creates were luscious, especially the Decadent French Toast...could have easily been dessert! We enjoyed 3 breakfasts in our room.

We stayed an extra night as Nancy is offering a free night in Jan. with a 2 night stay...what a deal!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This could, and should, be a 5 star establishment. The location is excellent--two blocks from the beach and easy walking to food, shopping and entertainment. Nancy is a jewel and provides all the goodies you need for a day at the beach--chairs, umbrellas, etc. Breakfast is typical B&B fare and served in the somewhat awkward dining room with dogs running in and out of the kitchen. Wireless internet is free with a good signal. The La Jolla room is beautifully situated upstairs at the front. The room is spacious and airy--and full of dust. The ceiling fan was caked with dust (if you turn it on, you'll be sorry) and when the blinds were opened, dust hung in the room like a cloud. After spending one sweaty night atop the "feather bed" that lays on top of the mattress, we removed it to find that its purpose is to disguise the aged mattress. We did not sleep well during our 3 night stay. The towels in the bathroom were a miss-match of leftovers and quite worn. Having said all this, I would return and would recommend it to friends due to the awesome location and helpfulness of Nancy. At a minimum, a deep cleaning is required, and investment in new towels and mattresses would make this THE place to stay in Carlsbad.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I agree with the rest of the reviews, this is a great B&B. The room was very simple, no frills, but all was clean and well maintained. When we arrived my wife and I were greeted by a very well mannered young lady who immediately showed us to our room. Nancy was fantastic. Warm, kind, sharing and informative. It's so refreshing to meet someone so nice. Her care was genuine, and that is so very rare. Thank you Nancy. The breakfast were fantastic, well prepared, great tasting and Nancy made sure your cup (coffee or tea) was never empty. The village and beach are all within walking distance. My only complaint was not bringing my own pillow. Both pillows in our room were not in the best of shape. My wife was fine but I wasn't. That being said, a big THANK YOU to the Pelican Cove Inn, cant wait to get back.

Chula Vista, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful staycation for 2 nights. We stayed in the La Jolla room which was beautiful and spacious. I especially enjoyed the little alcove where I could relax and read. Each room has its own entrance and bathroom which is a plus. Even though there were kids staying there, you would never of known it. It was pretty quiet. Nancy the hostess is an absolute gem and the breakfasts were scrumptious. The B&B is close to pretty much anything in Carlsbad including the beach. I highly recommend this place for anyone including families with kids. It was the perfect getaway for rest and relaxation.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of visiting San Diego for 3 days and 4 nights. We originally planned on staying for 1 day less, but after arriving at Pelican Cove, we agreed to stay an extra day - partly because the inn is so pleasant. It is on a quiet dead-end street about a 4-minute stroll from the beach. Even though the rooms were all full, I never heard any noise from the other guests. Every day, we had breakfast at the inn. Each breakfast was created fresh and was absolutely delicious. I am a vegetarian and each breakfast was made to my specifications. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was nice and comfortable. Every morning, someone came to the room and asked if we needed anything. It's easy to get onto the freeway and be in San Diego in less than a half-hour. The botanical gardens are even closer and worth the trip. Unlike a previous bed and breakfast that we stayed in, there is plenty of parking on the property. Pelican Cove is indeed a very special bed and breakfast!

BALTIMORE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were warmly greeted by Nancy as we arrived at the Pelican Cove Inn, and offered a delicious chocolate chip cookie. Nancy was a great source of information about the area, and her suggestions for dinner were spot on! We were able to walk into town and to the beach.
The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. We stayed at another B&B during our trip and had to share a bathroom, so it was nice to have our own. The feather bed was comfortable, and breakfast was delicious. I'd strongly recommend Pelican Cove Inn!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pelican Cove Inn? Share your experiences!