“Fabulous Food with Delicious Gluten-free Options” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro West is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 284 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cannon and I-5
Description: At Bistro West we’re inspired by freshness and quality. Our new menu includes “The Classics”, and reflects the creativity of our Chefs who plant, harvest and create a seasonally-evolving menu from their own three acre farm. With a passion for creating the perfect bite, utilizing only top quality ingredients that are fresh daily, Executive Chef Eugenio Martignago and Chef Jason Connolly combine an authentic farm-to-table approach with classic French and Italian influences. “The Classics”, feature the local favorites such as Filet Mignon Beef Stroganoff and Chicken Pot Pie in addition to hand-made pizzas, pastas, and burgers; everything on the menu is made from scratch while keeping the principles of sustainability top of mind. At Bistro West, we’re dedicated to providing you with “real food”; served in a casual and lively atmosphere. Our desire is that you join us often to experience what’s new at every season!
San Diego, California
“Fabulous Food with Delicious Gluten-free Options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We visited Bistro West with our best friends this evening, for the first time. As the only person who is gluten sensitive, I love a restaurant that gives me good options, but also a variety for the rest of our party. Bistro West had a really nice selection of first course, and main dishes to choose from. I was especially impressed with the fact that they picked up on my request for a gluten free menu, and made sure my beet salad did not have the breaded goat cheese that is normally served on the salad, but instead a dollop of plain goat cheese.

My main course was the perfect temperature, not lukewarm like so many of the dishes in restaurants these days. I ordered the Braised Short Rib, and it was so tender I did not have to pick up my knife. The sauce was amazing and the mashed potatoes were very flavorful. Our server respected our desire for a leisurely dinner with our friends, and even though the restaurant was busy, we did not feel rushed.

We will definitely be making a return trip. For those visiting the area from out of town the restaurant is very close to the 5 freeway, and not too far from the outlets.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Oceanside, California
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Visited the Bistro West for both lunch and dinner, as well as happy hour so this will be sort of a mixed review of all three visits. Lunch was great. No wait, very extensive lunch menu, lots of options, reasonably priced and tasted delicious. Dinner was great as well. Lunch, in my opinion, was a little better. Restaurant wasn't overly crowded on either visit. Also had appetizers and drinks during the restaurant's happy hour, which was by far my favorite visit. Appetizers were delicious. I had lettuce wraps and they were amazing. The drinks were good, not watered down. Nice relaxed environment and beautiful people as usual when I visit Carlsbad. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carlsbad, California
“Classy but a bit overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have had dinner here several times. The food is always delicious. Recently enjoyed the Beef Stroganoff, which is not usually found on restaurant menus. My wife ordered the Miso soup which cost $9.95, and did not have enough shrimp or scallops to warrant the price. The service was excellent. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. There is an active bar for pre-dinner conversation that is sufficiently isolated from the main dining room. Definitely worth a try if you are visiting Carlsbad by the Sea!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Comfortable Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Delicious food. Wait staff was accomodating to our young children's food preferences. We ate here while staying at the West Inn. Can't go wrong!

Visited April 2012
Long Isand, New York
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were staying in timeshare and 2 of us were not feeling well so we ordered take out from this restaurant. There were four of us and we found each meal to be delicious although each different, from a cheeseburger with fries to a mixed seafood platter to lobster ravioli to steak with garlic mashed potatoes. All great. And we had chicken stir fry in lettuce wraps as an appetizer which was very tasty.

Visited March 2013