“Home Away from Home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Carlsbad
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Home Away from Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have stayed at this property a number of times as it is convenient for visiting family when I come to town. I have only had good experiences here. Most of the time I am recognized as a regular. Always greeted warmly at the front desk. Clean - and peaceful - despite being across the street from the airport. The airport noise has never been a problem for me.

The Hampton Inn beds are ALWAYS comfortable to me, I can sleep on them anywhere! The free Wi-Fi is pretty good too.

I have never been a fan of the Hampton Inn "hot" breakfast (at ANY location) as the eggs are mostly processed - maybe reheated frozen. When there is a sports team staying - it is almost impossible to get a decent selection. I just avoid it and go to one of the local places for breakfast.

There are no restaurants within walking distance, but many within 5 miles away. Also - the front desk has menus of places that deliver - which I have taken advantage of several times, especially on rainy eves!

I do like the location as it is not far to the freeway, shopping, restaurants, etc. The staff has always been friendly, professional, and courteous.

Room Tip: If you want to see the planes come and go - try to get a room on the airport side.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
illa j, Manager at Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, while visiting Carlsbad. You are so right about Hampton properties, they are Home Away from Home. I appreciate your comments whether good or bad, and we are here to make sure that we can make improvement and listen to our loyal guest.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Illa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed three nights during a recent So-Cal excursion with two kids. Found the room to be very clean and quiet, even with the airport in close proximity and a number of other families in residence. Breakfast was about what you would expect with the exception of the service. The staff working in the breakfast area were constantly replenishing food, cleaning tables and taking care of the trash. The front desk seemed to work hard to balance the needs of both vacation and business travelers as it appeared that business travelers were placed to the right of the elevators while families were placed to the left (pretty smart!). Plenty of restaurants close by as well as a Costco (good stop for gas if you're a Costco member). Overall, an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wasilla, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We had a very bad experience at another hotel, and Dominic was able to assist us in checking in to the Hampton Inn. Our vacation was saved. We were happy to be in an environment that was CLEAN! The staff were there to assist the customers. The breakfast was yummy and filled with many choices. The beds were comfortable, and I could sleep. We were very happy here! I would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Clean, good rooms, friendly staff. Located near Palomar airport but the hotel is not noise place.
The drawback is doesn't have a good restaurants near the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
illa j, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for your business and please check us on Facebook and Twitter for special promotion rates. We are here to make sure that you had a pleasant stay and good value for your money with friendly services.

Look forward to see you back and enjoy your summer.

Illa Joshi
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I would like to begin by thanking "Arthur" who helped with my reservation changes. I made my reservation online for 3 adults and 2 children in one double queen room. I spoke to someone else at the hotel during this initial booking process and was told we would be allowed a roll-a-way bed for one of the children. I later had to change the date and had the good fortune of talking to Arthur. He changed the date for me, but then explained that a roll-a-way bed would not be allowed in the type of room I had booked - something about fire codes. I am very appreciative that he was alert, caught this, and booked us into an appropriate room.
Later, I noticed online that the price of the rooms had dropped. I called the hotel and again had the good fortune of talking to Arthur - who remembered me! He made the price adjustment for me. I consider this excellent guest service!!

One of the reasons I like Hampton Inns is the hot breakfast. I find the quality of the food to be good. However, the dining area appears to be too small - - if you can imagine a full hotel with kids all eating at the same time - in order to get to Legoland at opening time.

But- other than that - we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
illa j, Manager at Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and we are here to make sure that our guest have a great stay. We have a great team at Hampton Inn and I am very proud of "Arthur" and making sure that you had a perfect stay.

We look forward to welcome you and your famiy when you are next in Carlsbad.

Thank you.

Illa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

The staff was friendly but the location was awkward ... the room was pretty basic and bare bones. Overall I was satisfied but not over the top thrilled ..for the price you cant beat it,but i wish it felt a little more luxurious ..

• Stayed January 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night. I couldn't tell if my room was completely cleaned from the last guest that stayed. It seemed a little stale. I think they need to do a "spring cleaning"...other than that it was pleasant...

• Stayed April 2012
illa j, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and also appreciate your comments. We are here to make sure that all our guest enjoyes their stay and we are on our way to "Spring Cleaning.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Illa Joshi

Been to Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County? Share your experiences!