This hotel does everything -- and I mean everything right! My husband and I, along with our two young children, stayed here in December and we were wowed by how perfect this hotel is. We have just returned from a two week trip to the west coast, traveling from San Diego up to San Francisco. Along the way, we stayed at four different hotels and this was -- by far -- our favorite. I was very sad to leave it and move on to our next destination. From the friendly and quick check-in process to the fond farewell, the service was extremely attentive and courteous. The rooms are beautiful, contemporary, and super clean. I think the overall cleanliness is perhaps the key detail that impressed me the most. You will not find a speck of dust anywhere. Even in the parking lot, there were people sweeping -- exactly what they were sweeping I can't say because I certainly didn't see any debris or dirt, but then I guess that's the point: they clean it up before you ever see it. There are many other little things that set this hotel apart and make it feel so special. For instance, the landscaping was being freshened up as we were there. Not in an obtrusive or bothersome way, but a few guys adding new flowering plants to an already beautiful setting. To me, this is the sort of small detail that lets you know that the owners aren't "phoning" it in. They haven't just set everything up and then walked away, but rather, they are continually working to keep things running smoothly and looking beautiful and cared for.
Other details we loved: the beds offer that perfect mix of support and yet soft-comfort; nice big fluffy pillows; uber-soft towels in the bathroom (I hate how -- because of the harsh detergents many hotels use -- the towels are just short of sandpaper. Not so at West Inn, they're white as white clean, but still soft and smooth;) free milk and cookies at night (obviously our kids were over the moon for this feature;) the coziness of the common areas and the nice library/lounge adjacent to the breakfast area; and of course, the free breakfast.
Before booking this hotel I devoured the reviews on this site and was a tiny bit worried about some reviewers mention of this hotel being situated next to the highway. Let me say clearly that you should not give this a SECOND of thought. There is a large fence blocking sight of the highway and the hotel is so well insulated and sound-proofed that I never noticed it. In the end, it actually ended up being an advantage because when we were ready to get back on the road, we first filled up at the very convenient (and just as spotlessly clean) gas station next door and then in ten seconds were on the highway and on our way. You'll also enjoy being able to walk right next door to the Bistro West for dinner. Normally restaurants near hotels aren't that great, but we had a fantastic meal (and outstanding service) at Bistro West. I would definitely dine there again.
I truly wish there were other West Inns because not only would I stay at another in a heartbeat, but I would actively seek them out when making travel plans. It's rare to find such a gem at such a reasonable price, but West Inn is just that. Do not pass it by!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel