I was on business in Carlsbad for three days. During my previous visit to this city, I had stayed at the Carlsbad Inn and enjoyed it. However, after reading all the enthusiastic reviews of the West Inn, I thought I would give this facility a try.
When I arrived in the evening, I was greeted warmly by the front desk person. The hotel lobby is spacious and there is an adjacent breakfast area that serves a complimentary full breakfast from 6:30 am to 9:30 am. They also provide milk and cookies at 8:00 pm--a nifty little extra.
I stayed in one of the King suites. The room was immaculately clean, as was the entire property. I have to say that the housekeepint staff at this hotel is outstanding! The suite was suitably large and well-appointed with an inviting sitting area featuring a sofa, upholstered chair, two end tables, a small coffee table with a glass top, a flat scrren TV,and DVD player. Adjacent to the sofa and coffee table was a work desk with an office chair. The sleeping area featured a very comfortable king-sized bed, two armoire-style wardrobe closets, another flat screen TV, two nightstands, an upholstered chair, and a small table topped with a glass vase filled with peacock feathers.
There was also a small bar area with a built-in mini-fridge, coffeemaker, sink, and microwave oven. The bathroom featured marble-like tiles and, like everything else here, was spotlessly clean and well maintained.
I do have a few minor quibbles. To start with, the location is a little isolated, not that close to the main village and with precious little else around it. If you enjoy taking a leisurely walk around the hotels you stay at, this might not be your best choice. Secondly, the water pressure in the shower could be a little stronger. Also, the hotel is very close to the freeway and train tracks. However, it's only fair to point out that the sound-proofing here is quite good and I didn't have any trouble getting a restful night's sleep in that ultra-comfy bed.
Overall, I would say that the West Inn richly deserves its status as one of the best hotels in Carlsbad. I would not hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, TravelClick and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel