We wanted to take our young children to Legoland and after countless hours of researching places to stay, I happened upon this gem of a hotel. I booked through their website, received a confirmation via email and was able to receive a AAA discount after asking which brought the cost per nite down about $40 - to me that seemed significant. The pictures don't do this place justice. The staff are wonderfully sincere and friendly. The grounds and the rooms are clean, comfortable, unpretentious and beautiful. We stayed in their largest - you are welcomed into a small, comfy, efficient sitting area with a desk, armoire with a large flat screen TV, and a little wet bar and fridge (with free cold water - which was nice on such a hot day in July). There is a clean, roomy bathroom adjacent to the spacious hallway with a full length mirror across from a bench. The 2 beds were inviting and provided a pleasant rest for us all. There was another TV in front of the beds - and both TVs had DVD players and capability of hooking up a gaming system. We have young kids and brought a couple of movies they love to watch. The room overlooked the pool and jacuzzi which my daughter and I enjoyed only once in our weekend stay - the rest of the time we were at Legoland. There was never more than 10 people whenever we were there or looking down at the pool. Other vacationers at the hotel were pleasant. This place had a luxurious feel without seeming uppety. We particularly were surprised and impressed with the shuttle service they offered for free. (We tipped our driver(s) after we checked out). We needed 3 car seats - 2 boosters and 1 front facing seat every time we needed a ride. With young children - 7, 3 1/2, and 2 - we knew we would need to return to the hotel for naptime, so this was a time and cost saver. Kyle was the driver for us most of the time and just super. On our check out day, our kids were looking for him and while we were enjoying the breakfast buffet (which was awesome) we found him and he stopped to say "hi." The room just outside of where they serve breakfast was also unique with nice picnic type tables for families to bring their own bought or made meals to eat at and a sitting area with fireplace and TV with books and little toys. I took each one of my kids individually one nite to read and do a puzzle or game while we had milk and cookies. There was another family there doing the same thing and we acknowledged how that was something you just don't see hotels doing these days.
Friendly service, delicious breakfast buffet, cookies and milk every nite (one of our kids asked if they had any left after we got back late and they brought us a tray of milk and cookies for us all...that was sweet), plush robes in the room, free parking, quiet and comfortable room, free internet...quite the bargain if you ask me. There were plenty of places to go eat at that had we been sans kids we could have walked to, but driving was easier. On one of the days, we were leaving Legoland and needed to eat lunch and get the kids down for a nap. The shuttle driver picked us up and dropped us off at the hotel...after I joked that I almost asked her to drive through somewhere and I would by her lunch, too, she said she would have totally taken me up on that offer. By the way, the shuttle service is fast and efficient. You arrange the time with the front desk, they drop you off where ever you need - shopping, beach (they will provide towels, chairs and toys for kids), picnic, Legoland (which the drop off and pick up was really close - just a few minute walk to the ticket window) - and then you call them when you are ready to be picked up and they are there usually in about 15 minutes. This place really knows how to treat their customers. I felt like we were pampered. We will definitely go back and I have referred a lot of friends and family to this place. This is a one and only kind of place - 2 restaurants, a gas station and convenience store are all located on the property grounds. I do wish there were more West Inn and Suites because I think it would be the only place I would stay.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Tabel faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.