“Great place to stay for family vacation” 4 of 5 stars

West Inn & Suites Carlsbad
4970 Avenida Encinas, Carlsbad, CA 92008   |
Ranked #2 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
Kansas City
“Great place to stay for family vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Our King Suite was great for our family of four. The suite was comfortable size with a little separate couch & tv to help give some breathing room when family members need it. It was very clean. The staff was great. The complimentary breakfast was great. We deliberately wanted a nice place to stay that was a little off the beaten path from our San Diego/Sea World adventure and it did not dissapoint. The best thing about West Inn -- great place to stay at affordable family price. We wish there were more West Inns to stay at around the country.

715 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I liked the decor, the breakfast, the cookie time, and the yummy dinner we ate at the restaurant next door. However, do not stay at room 118 because it is right next to the staff room and people go in and out of it all night long. We kept hearing people walking in and out and the door slamming. I did not get a good night's sleep whatsoever.

Perhaps if we stayed at another room, I would have given this hotel a better score...

Randolph, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

West Inn & Suites exceeded my expectations. From the moment we arrived until check-out, me and my family were treated like family. Staff was very helpful providing directions and always greeted us with a smile. The decor is very nicely done and the rooms are very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was extensive and seating in the library was very homey. The kids loved the pool and hot tub. I hope to stay there again!

Orange County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

My family (including two young boys ages four and six) and I stayed at West Inn and Suites on Friday, July 23. We were incredibly impressed with our huge, lovely room as well as the very kind and accomodating staff. The breakfast buffet was a hit with the entire family and the heated pool and hot tub were enjoyed by all of us. The pool service was excellent and the boys enjoyed swimming with the new friends they made at the hotel.

We took advantage of the hotel's Legoland package and had a great time at the park followed by a wonderful night's stay at the West property. The beds are very comortable and the linen and pillows are high quality.

I have stayed at West Inn and Suites on another occasion without my family for business. I had a great stay then and was impressed with the staff's professionalism, the large, inviting room and business amenities. This was the first time I stayed at the property with my family and had an equally positive experience. Not many hotels can cater to business travelers as well as families -- bravo West Inn and Suites!

I absolutely recommend this property. It is easy on and off the 5-freeway, it is within steps to two great restaurants, it is within minutes to shopping, the beach and Legoland -- what more could travelers want?

Congratulations to Kim Akers and her great staff!

-SV, from Orange County, California-

nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

We have stayed at the West Inn a few times and each time is better then the last. The hotel is beautiful, the staff is wonderful, the food at the bistro is delish, and the location is amazing! I really can't say enough wonderful things about the West Inn and it's friendly helpful staff. Every employee we saw had a warm and friendly greeting for us:) The King Suite gave my husband and I some privacy from our 10 year old, at night we were able to watch our shows and relax:) It's a beautiful 5 min walk to the beach and a short drive to the pier. Also we picked our own strawberries up the road and they we amazingly sweet and wonderful! I want to thank the Asst. General Manager,Kristine Bane for making our stay so great and for those little extra touches that make the West inn hands down the BEST hotel in So Cal. Can't wait to go back:)

Central Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I am very late getting this review on here but didn't want to let it go without another review. We stayed at the West Inn the week of Thanksgiving & it was our family's second stay at this wonderful hotel.

Pros: We stayed in a Double King Suite and the suite is just beautiful, bedding & beds are awesome, just the perfect amount of space for our family of four giving us plenty of room to move around. The staff is always so friendly to us & the included breakfast is always a huge hit with my family. The West Inn feels like home to us! The pool and spa are always visited by our boys & we tried out the Bistro West this time & it was also great. I even felt safe enough in the neighborhood to go for an early morning jog. We had a great stay again!

Cons: Absolutely none. Can't think of anything....not one single thing!

Thank you West Inn & Suites.....you ROCK!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
woodland hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

SOn loved Cookie time!!!! We found out the wine hour was seasonal-but I agree with all the reviews- Best Hotel for a Legoland!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to West Inn & Suites Carlsbad? Share your experiences!