We stayed in both the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa with Private access to Legoland and the West-Inn & Suites during the same trip at the beginning of July 2010 and I have to say the West Inn and Suites wins hands down! The main selling point for us for the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa was the private access to Legoland - what they dont mention is that its about 0.5 walk to get to it - downhill in the moring - uphill at the end of the day!!! The West Inn and Suites is a beautiful hotel, lovely rooms, friendly staff, free parking, - oh yeah - did I mention - No hidden fees – no resort nonsense – this hotel was just fabulous. The rooms were quiet, comfortable, and large. We were in a pet friendly room without a pet – you would never know it – absolutely no detectable pet odor whatsoever. Plenty of coffee, beautiful breakfast buffet with fresh bread, pastries, fresh cut strawberries, get there early though because once they run out of bacon – they don’t seem to replenish. No buffet at the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa - just $6.00 OJ. We took a tray of bread & Jelly back to our room and made PB&J sandwiches to bring to Legoland for lunch – it worked out very well. The shuttle service to Legoland also worked very well – make your reservations at the front desk when you check in. They provide a booster seat – no need to lug to CA like we did. The walk from the drop off point for the shuttle was a shorter distance than the "priivate entrance" access that the sheraton offers - I really can’t recommend this hotel highly enough for families!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and TravelClick so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel