I would highly recommend this hotel because the service was excellent. Whoever I came across seemed to go out of your way and do what ever was needed to help you. The hotel is very nice and the pictures on their website is exactly what it looks like - clean, modern, well appointed.
I came with my sister and her family and my parents to go to Lego Land and stayed for about 4 nights. The hotel seemed very kids friendly but as a single person, I really enjoyed myself as well. They provide breakfast there and it's next to a great living room where the kids can watch cartoons or play with West Inn's wooden blocks / games while you finish your breakfast in peace. They have books in their "living room" and they encouraged me to take a book with me if I was in the middle of it and wanted to finish it at home. The beach is a 10 min walk away or a quick drive and West Inn and Suites had umbrellas, towels, and chairs available for me to borrow.
Some of the evenings I noticed that they had a happy hour/cocktails for the adults. I did not participate but it was nice that they catered to those without children. When I was there, every night they have milk and cookies from about 8-9. It was really cute to see the kids walk down in their PJs enjoying themselves. They have alot of tables where you can sit to enjoy your snacks or even eat any take out food you brought back. They also have alot of board games if you want to play them at night.
The hotel is next to the freeway but they have double paned windows so it is quiet inside. Although the pool is also close to the freeway, they have a waterfall feature to help mask the sound of the freeway. The bistro / restaurant next to the hotel is excellent as well. I keep thinking about the braised short ribs :) I think it is popular with locals as the parking lot filled up during the week nights.
I had a wonderful time staying at the West Inn & Suites and would highly recommend this to anyone staying in Carlsbad, especially those with children and that are going to Legoland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Tabel faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel and Agoda so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel