“Truly the model of a hotel that has it down pat as far as customer service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of West Inn & Suites Carlsbad

Save Saved
You added West Inn & Suites Carlsbad to your Saves list
West Inn & Suites Carlsbad
4970 Avenida Encinas, Carlsbad, CA 92008   |
Ranked #2 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
D.C. area
“Truly the model of a hotel that has it down pat as far as customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

My kids enjoyed staying in this location more than their room at Disney -- 'no exageration! My ten year old says that it ranks up there with our stays at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square. It was clean and staying there felt like we were "at home." The shuttle was so helpful in transporting my three young children and myself (on my own) to Lego Land and they were incredibly prompt in picking us up... even on the night that I misunderstood the time that shuttle closed and they were technically closed (oops). The breakfast met our needs and the milk and cookies were nice to return to at the end of the day of being tourists. I slept wonderfully -- the beds are awesome and there were no strange smells... just cleansliness. The desk staff was informative and incredible friendly with smiles at all times of day/night. I was a little apprehensive and disappointed about traveling on my own with our kids as my husband returned early due to work but this hotel made it so much more easy on me! They even had a good selection of DVD's to borrow for our room. My kids were sorry to leave it and I agreed. This hotel is a winner by far!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

714 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
ON, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

The double king suite we booked was awesome! More than enough space for 2 adults and our 9 year old son. Beds were very comfortable, view of the pool was great. Would have been nice to have a balcony though. Complimentary breakfasts were perfect for us with nice variety. Free internet was a nice bonus as was the washer/dryer. Front desk staff were the best. They helped us with places to eat and shop. We went to LEGOLAND which the hotel offered a shuttle to but we had rented a car. Shuttle service is wonderful as it will take you I think within 5 miles of the Hotel. It was very clean and if something was needed, staff was on it promptly. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
clphel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

Beautiful hotel, great rooms, comfortable beds. Good value. Breakfast included as well as Cookies and milk each night!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

The West Inn & Suites is an amazing exception to the real estate rule of "location, location, location." At first glance, this place is in a horrible spot -- on a lot sandwiched between the railroad tracks and always-rush-hour Interstate-5, and just east of the scenic blight of the Carlsbad power station. But the architects for this place considered it a great challenge, and were surely up to the task. The interstate is shielded by a tall sound wall and lots of trees and vegetation, and the swimming pool is in an enchanting walled alcove with a running waterfall to mask the highway noise. Most impressive is that every window is quadriple-paned, making them virtually soundproof. The suites are large, smartly furnished, and serenely quiet. The hotel service is top-notch, and the location turns out to be a plus, rather than a negative, because it is centrally located and very close to Legoland, as well as the beach and downtown Carlsbad.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
CALI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

First of all I would like to say, I've seen some bad reviews and they probably come from people used to very expensive top notch hotels...This place is absolutely wonderfull and affordable! My family stayed here, again because we feel this place has it all, it is super clean, the staff is friendly, all the staff from the receptionists to the janitorial staff, as well as the cooks, all of them gave us nothing but smiles and a warm feeling. I was here for the weekend of my birthday, and 10 minuted after I checked in, a staff member rings my door and we got sparkling apple cider in ice with 2 tall glasses, That was such a nice touch!!! We spent lots of time in the room, I've never had such a good sleep as the sleep I got on their beds. I enjoyed the pool and spa, and the breakfast, was good, with tons of options, on Saturday-sausage and Sunday-bacon. For a family who can not afford to pay 500/night anyplace...this hotel made us feel like we were in a pricey high class place...we felt like royalty! Cookies and milk at night were a treat! Our room was the double king suite on the 3rd floor and we had a view of the restaurant. I enjoyed the room overlooking the pool much better when we were here during christmas!!!

If you have only experienced the comfort inns and iffy motels...You have got to treat your self and family to this GEM of a place! My husband couldn't thank me enough for choosing this Gorgeous Hotel!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Dover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

Read the positive reviews prior to booking - nothing was overstated. What a fantastic hotel to bring your family; we stayed in double queen room; the cleanest hotel room we ever stayed at. Great service from the hotel staff, very friendly at all times of the day.
Used shuttle service to get to Legoland, very useful & quick.
Wish we would have the opportunity to visit Carlsbad again; would definitely stay at West Inn and Suites. We need one on the East Coast!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

I was up in Carlsbad for a wedding and spent the night here. Great value! The rooms are very spacious. We had a king suite with separate sitting area. Plush bed, awesome shower and large complimentary breakfast the next morning. Granted, you aren't getting 5 star breakfast-I'd avoid the waffles and eggs. But, fresh fruit and plenty of choices in cereal and breads/pasteries. Didn't check out any of the amenities. Everyone was very helpful and nice and they also offer a free shuttle/van rides within a 5 mile radius.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to West Inn & Suites Carlsbad? Share your experiences!