If you want a hotel with a big pool and pool bar, overlooking the ocean, then this is not the hotel for you. However, I don't think one of those exits in Carlsbad. That means if you want the ocean and restaurants and maybe bar/pub for a beer, you'll need to drive 5-10 minutes.
West Inn is between the two best beaches in Carlsbad - South state park and Tamarack. Also while there is shopping and restaurants in downtown Carlsbad (north of the hotel), some of the better restaurants and shopping is south of downtown and south of the hotel. I understand that it's very central for business travelers as well - we were there mid-week and definately more business travelers than vacationers.
*while it didn't seem central at first it proved to be very central
*breakfast included, with a nice breakfast room (flat screens to get caught up on what happened while you were at the beach)
*parking included and never a problem finding a spot
*Bonus Tip: There's a guest laundry room on the 2nd floor. We were doing a beach trip starting in Santa barbara and working our way to San Diego and then back. SoCal was having a heat wave, and we needed to do some laundry badly so this was perfect!
*a room on the I-5 side might be a little noisy (we don't know as we stayed on the other side)
*workout room was tiny - but at least there was one, and it was clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, TravelClick and Cheap Tickets so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel