We stayed 4 nights at the West Inn and Suites and I cannot have been happier with the place! We had double king suite and had plenty of room for the 5 of us. Which was great since we were going to be there for several days. The rooms are contemporary, attractive and clean. The little kitchenette area was fantastic to have since we were staying for several days. There was a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and a sink all in a little alcove in the living room area. It was nice to pop popcorn or make mac & cheese for the kids instead of running out for food all of the time. We did order a pizza from the bistro right next door and it was very, very good! And not horribly expensive either. I do believe there is a small food mart next to the gas station on the site but we didn't go there.
The beds were very comfortable! Comfy down comforters and lots of pillows to choose from. The bathroom is lovely with nice, thick towels and Aveda soaps and shampoos. The bathroom isn't huge like in most hotels, but this one was larger than some and I could get all 3 of the boys in and out of the shower without bumping into walls or tripping on the toilet.
The breakfast is very good for families. Choices were bacon, eggs, sausage, french toast/waffles. Then the standard fare of cereals, yogurt, bagels, muffins etc. There was also this endless bowl of local strawberries which were delicious and my boys looked forward to them each day. You can eat in the spacious dining area or go outside by the pool. It got a little crazy in there as the morning wore on. But no terribly long waits for anything.
The pool is fantastic! My boys loved it and begged to go back to the hotel just to swim. It was heated and was very comfortable to swim in for a long time, even if the outdoor air temp was in the low 70s. And it seemed large enough to accommodate quite a few people. We never felt crowded in it. Also it's a short walk to the beach. I took the boys one day and it's literally 2 blocks away. And if you're visiting Lego Land, it's only a couple of miles away from the hotel.
The only negative, like one other reviewer said, is that there are no other West Inn and Suites anywhere else in the country. I would love to have this type of hotel available in other states as my first choice when traveling. Hopefully they will expand!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, TravelClick, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel