We stayed here for 3 nights starting July 7th with 2 adults & 2 children. It was our first time at this hotel and we weren't disappointed. The room had two very comfortable King size beds with 4 pillows and a down comforter wrapped in clean, fresh white sheets. The decor was very modern. They have an area in the room that includes not only the huge mini-fridge and microwave, but a sink as well and storage for food items. Nice touch.
The bathroom was immaculate with plenty of soft white towels, a hairdryer, separate lighted make-up mirror and Aveda toiletries.
The breakfast was excellent! Plenty of food choices including scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles and/or french toast. The breakfast/dining area was very clean and had big, long dark wood breakfast tables with long benches...perfect for families. They also had smaller tables on the other side for smaller groups. In the middle was a nice seating area with couches and chairs in front of a huge flat screen TV. A great atmosphere to have breakfast in each morning.
The entire hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They even had beach chairs and umbrella they loaned our group since we had forgotten ours.
The heated pool and spa area were clean and stocked with towels and water.
Yes, the hotel is near the freeway and a power plant, but don't let that deter you at all. I didn't hear any freeway noise inside the hotel. I did hear the train whistle a few times at night, but it was not all night long (which I was afraid of).
I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotel.de and Cheap Tickets so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel