When our family of five stays in a hotel, we typically have to choose between a large-suite hotel, such as Residence Inn, or book two separate standard hotel rooms in order to sleep everyone comfortably (space becomes more critical as the kids get into their teens). The double King suite at the West Inn fit our needs perfectly. The rate was much cheaper than the Residence Inn was charging, and was about the same price as would have paid for two rooms at the nearby Comfort Inn. The Double King room also has a pull out sofa bed for our 8 year old, and the extra King gives our teen and preteen just enough personal space to prevent the usual midnight fights jockying for covers and mattress real estate.
In addition, the rooms and hotel were well laid out, spacious, and very well decorated. The beds were also very comfortable with nice linens and down comforters (similar to a Westin). The room included a small kitchenette with a medium sized mini fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker that makes pretty good coffee.
Other reviews have done an excellent job of describing the hotel's other amenities so I won't repeat them all here. However, I don't agree with the reviewer that complained about the breakfast. We all thought the breakfast was fine, with many items to choose from, which included awesomely fresh strawberries. The staff was freindly, cheerful and helpful at every instance as well.
We would definitely return to this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TravelClick, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel