We had a 6-night stay at the West Inn. It was truly as nice of a stay as others have written. Check-in / Check-out was efficient. The staff, everyone single one, was friendly. When the folks at the front desk heard that we were going to the beach, they offered our kids beach toys and chairs and towels right the way. any question we had for the front desk was answered promptly in a friendly manner. The room was done nicely, with good workmenship. the bed was very comfy. housekeeping was excellent. the complimentary breakfast offered a good variety of choices. For those looking forward to cookies and milk at night, i believe they are put out at 8pm. one the days we went to Legoland, we made arrangements with the front desk for the morning drop-off. in the afternoon, one of the front desk folks came and got us. the pick-up was always prompt. hopefully i haven't left out any nice experiences we've had. we would definitely stay at the hotel again.
as some other reviewers have pointed out, the hotel is right across from a railroad track. we weren't bothered by the passing trains at all, as a matter of fact, since our 4-year-old is still in his train stage, he rather enjoyed it. the hotel is also right next to the power plant. the hotel is very close to the beach. it looked walkable, but we didn't.
the hotel has two restaurants on site, West Bistro and West Steak, Seafood, etc. The Bistro offers a kid's menu, the other one doesn't. The Bistro is more casual than the steak place. We had dinner at each restaurant. Neither my husband nor I like what we ordered at the Bistro. We liked the appertizers at the steak place. my husband like his steak, but I thought my fish was bland.
If you decide to stay at this hotel, I hope you have as good of a time as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotel.de and Cheap Tickets so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel