We chose West Inn and Suites solely based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. Yes, it is right off the 5 Freeway, but we absolutely could not hear any traffic. After booking 2 suites, I received a call a few days later from Kristine asking if there was anything she could do for us upon our arrival. Because of my grandkids allergies, I wanted to make sure that we didn't receive a room that had been previously occupied by someone with pets. She made sure right then that we were not in one of those rooms. Check in was easy. The rooms were clean, new, and roomy! It was nice to have a small refrigerator and microwave. The beds were wonderful. We went to the Flower Fields, which everyone enjoyed. The Outlet Stores were great. Beautiful day at the beach. The housekeeping staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fine. Better than continental. The kids were very happy with the cereal, fruit, french toast, and cold milk! The kids were in the pool and spa the night we arrived (until 10:00 p.m.) and the next day. And of course, the cookies and milk in the evening was an added treat. We would definitely stay here again, even if we will be going to attractions in San Diego. I recommend this hotel for anyone with little kids, teenagers, or just a couple. I filled out the survey that was left in our room. A few weeks later, I received a letter from the General Manager thanking me for taking the time to do the survey and to single out those that were so nice and helpful. It's this personal touch that makes this hotel far superior to the bigger hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TravelClick, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel