We recently returned from a two night stay at West Inn & Suites on our trip to Sea World following a stay in Anaheim. The hotel is spotlessly clean inside & out, as others have mentioned. Everything appears to be nearly new & extremely well maintained. The hotel is right off of the Interstate freeway & next to train tracks, but incredibly quiet inside. The free breakfast had the usual offerings and was perfectly adequate and well stocked. The rooms are of good size and the beds heavenly! My 5 & 8 year old daughters enjoyed the cookies and milk at bedtime. My husband used the fitness center one day and said it was decently equipped and clean. The pool and spa are heated to a very comfortable temperature. The free parking was a plus and plentiful. We did not partake of either of the hotel's two restaurants, but the aromas coming from the bistro smelled great. We ventured 5 minutes up the road to Claim Jumper restaurant, and there were two burger restaurants, Marie Callendar's and a pizza grill in the same area. The only thing we would have changed is of no fault of the Inn. We were given early check-in on Friday and did not see another guest until Saturday breakfast. We would have enjoyed socializing with other families at the pool or in the library game area, and my husband even commented that it seemed eerily quiet. One of the front desk staff said it had been a bit quieter than usual lately, perhaps due to the slow economy. However, this is in no way a reflection on the hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful, and other than being a bit quieter than we prefer, it was thoroughly enjoyed by our entire family. We recommend West and would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Priceline, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel