I travel extensively for business, coast to coast and it has become NO PICNIC! We face overcrowded planes, dining alone on chicken dish number 237, impersonal hotel staffs, and time away from home and family. I needed to stay near my client and this was one of my closest choices. NOT thinking about this being spring break, I booked the room through my agency for 4 days. I could not have been MORE PLEASED. When I arrived, I felt like I was standing in a lobby in Key West. There were dark wood floors with an island feel and a relaxed friendly atmosphere. I was greeted warmly at the desk and told of all the amenities. When I got to the room, the beds looked inviting, there was a large safe (big enough for sensitive papers, and a laptop as well), a mini-frig, microwave, oversized bathroom with soft, thick towels, a DVD player and a very comfortable work area. The room was immaculate and kept that way during my entire stay. If I had ANY concerns about families being present (noise), they disappeared as soon as I was in my room. I had NO outside noise penetrate my sanctuary, night or day. The maid staff was very friendly, smiling and able to answer any of my questions. While on business, I felt relaxed and comfortable which is rare these days. The restaurants (both owned by the hotel) varied from upscale (great for business meetings)to bistro (a hot spot for locals) and served outstanding food with superior firendly service. I am a HUGE fan and look forward to staying here again, business OR pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TravelClick, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel