“Business Travel Becoming Hard Enough” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Endless Summer Savings
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Carlsbad
Birmingham, Alabama
“Business Travel Becoming Hard Enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

I travel extensively for business, coast to coast and it has become NO PICNIC! We face overcrowded planes, dining alone on chicken dish number 237, impersonal hotel staffs, and time away from home and family. I needed to stay near my client and this was one of my closest choices. NOT thinking about this being spring break, I booked the room through my agency for 4 days. I could not have been MORE PLEASED. When I arrived, I felt like I was standing in a lobby in Key West. There were dark wood floors with an island feel and a relaxed friendly atmosphere. I was greeted warmly at the desk and told of all the amenities. When I got to the room, the beds looked inviting, there was a large safe (big enough for sensitive papers, and a laptop as well), a mini-frig, microwave, oversized bathroom with soft, thick towels, a DVD player and a very comfortable work area. The room was immaculate and kept that way during my entire stay. If I had ANY concerns about families being present (noise), they disappeared as soon as I was in my room. I had NO outside noise penetrate my sanctuary, night or day. The maid staff was very friendly, smiling and able to answer any of my questions. While on business, I felt relaxed and comfortable which is rare these days. The restaurants (both owned by the hotel) varied from upscale (great for business meetings)to bistro (a hot spot for locals) and served outstanding food with superior firendly service. I am a HUGE fan and look forward to staying here again, business OR pleasure.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

For the price you pay, this is a great little hotel....not the Four Seasons of course but clean and comfortable. You can tell they take good care of the property and everything seems very new. We traveled recently with our 2 children and the hotel is very family friendly - cookies at night, swim diapers by the pool, and of course close to Legoland. My only complaint is that you are RIGHT next to the freeway. We couldn't hear it from our room but could see it. Beside that it was a great base for a nice quick vacation. We also ate at the West Grill next door and were pleasantly surprised by the food and decor. A bit upscale but a very nice dinner.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

This hotel was great in every way. It's new and clean. Rooms were huge and they even brought a new crib up for our baby at no additional charge.
Nice heated pool & hot tub outside with towel and little swimmers provided.
Includes free hot breakfast buffet every morning. Free Parking.
Excellent, friendly staff. Close to beach, legoland, and restaurants.
Cookies for kids in the evenings. Complimentary wine & snacks each evening between 5:30-6:30.
Couldn't ask for a better hotel. We will stay here again.

South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

We were in Carlsbad for a day at Legoland. We stayed at the hotel from a Friday evening until Sunday. This hotel has everything a famly needs for a home away from home. We stayed in a room with a great, comfortable king size bed and a living area with a suprisingly comfortable sofa bed. We have a 6yr. old and a 5yr old and there was enough room for the children to play with their toys and watch their movies while still allowing my husband and I to enjoy resting on the king size bed(watching our own tv). The hotel is clean and welcoming. I really enjoyed the evening cookies and milk(coffee for adults) and the fact that they have a common room with great family games that you can play in the common area or bring to your room. There were bed time stories(my daughter loved the illustrations on the books) and the staff was always friendly and helpful. The hotel is right off the highway yet we slept soundly and didn't hear any outside noise from our room. the room had a great microwave and refrigerator and I was impressed by the bathroom space and ammenities. We will definetly return to this hotel when we are in Carlsbad.

Encinitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

Due to damage in our home we are currently residing at the West Inn & Suites. It has been an absolute pleasure! The staff are friendly, patient and extremely helpful. The hotel is small and intimate. We feel we are staying with family! While the West Bistro (next to hotel) is very nice it is a bit on the pricey side but the food is excellent. One of the best things about this hotel is they are pet friendly and clearly pet lovers! Our pet isn't with us but the care and welcome they give to the other pet guests is heart warming to see. We have implemented "game night" in the dining hall with milk and cookies to cap off the day.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Regina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

We had a fabulous 4 night stay at this hotel. The staff were outstanding and patiently answered all our questions, provided advice on restaurants and things to do. Ryan and Doug both went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. We had a room with two king size beds on the main floor which was clean, wonderfully appointed, had a nice size fridge and microwave as well as a sink and small countertop. Everything looked new and was top notch quality in the room. The breakfast which was included was great, not your average continental breakfast by any means. The pool area was well maintained and the temperature of the pool and hot tub were perfect. There was ample free parking in both the above and below ground parking lots. The surroundings outside the hotel were beautiful - well manicured flowerbeds, trees and grass. The courtesy van they provide was like having your own personal chaffeur service. They would pick you up and drop you off anywhere, anytime within 5 miles of the hotel. That saved us $12 in parking fees at Legoland alone! The hotel is about 4 blocks from the beach which we visited a couple of times while we were there. Very nice walking paths along the beach and great spots to watch the sunset. We felt like we were staying in a beautful mansion with good friends (the staff). The free milk and cookies at the end of each day was a perfect touch. We felt we got excellent value for the price we paid and would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a great stay in beautiful surroundings with outstanding friendly, helpful staff!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Visalia, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

From reservations, to email confirmation & welcome, and all the way until you check out, this hotel has top notch customer service. The staff at the West is pleasant and very accommodating. The hotel is clean, upscale and quiet. Free internet, convenience store and gas station, and two restaurants are just a few of the amenities. Wonderful place! We will go back.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to West Inn & Suites Carlsbad? Share your experiences!