Our visit to this hotel was fantastic!
My Mom was visiting San Diego for Christmas this year and I wanted to find the ‘perfect’ place for her to stay. This hotel was so nice that I actually ended up staying with her at the hotel the whole time she was in town. Here was my criteria for choosing a hotel:
1. Close to my house which is in Encinitas (North County San Diego).
2. Near the beach – but no necessarily ‘on the beach’ – there are plenty of hotels on the beach in San Diego, but they tended to be out of our price-range.
3. Outdoor hot tub and pool.
4. Nice and clean (we didn’t want a Best Western or a Day’s Inn type hotel)
After much research, we chose this hotel and we were not disappointed. The room was charming, spacious and so well-appointed. There were so many fluffy feather pillows on the two king beds, fine high thread-count sheets and luxurious thick white towels in the bathroom. The staff was so friendly and accommodating – in these tough economic times – friendly customer services goes a long way! For instance, we requested some extra towels and Kleenex from housekeeping – and they delivered this super-cute wicker basket full of towels, tissue and extra soaps, etc. It was such a terrific little ‘extra’ touch. We also loved the on-demand pay-per-view movies (some that were still also showing in the theater) and the complimentary FULL breakfast every morning that was included (we’re talking French toast, cereal, sausage, eggs, juice, etc.). The complimentary cookies and milk in the evening was a great too.
Overall we had a wonderful stay and we would highly recommend this hotel. I hope you find this review helpful!
Oh, one last charming detail – instead of having your traditional ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign to hang out on your door at night – they have a seashell on a ribbon that you put out if you do not want to be disturbed. I am all about the fun little details! Grin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and TravelClick so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel