We stayed here with our daughter and her family which included kids ages 7, 4, and 15 months.
We were treated so well. The staff all were so friendly and did not seem to mind the little ones always in the foyer or big room.
The hotel is very accomadating to kids or parents of small kids. They have a cupboard full of games for the kids to play with in a large friendly room that had two tvs for viewing. There was comfortable seating in there to watch tv or visit. Also a big basket of paperback books to find something to read if needed.
This room also had large and small tables for breakfast and other meals. We ordered pizza take out and the staff gave us plates and napkins and forks to eat with. Everyone went above and beyond to be helpful. The rooms were so clean we felt like it was a new hotel and we were the first visitors. Everything was spotless and so detailed. There were very white linens on the very comfy beds. And large soft towels in the bath. More then adequate space in the bathrooms as well. The sleeping area was also huge. We had a king bed and a desk and chair and another soft chair besides the large tv. My daughter said it felt like a bed and breakfast as it was so warm and friendly and we were the only family there. There were other people but they seemed to be business guest.
The pool was nice and warm for swimming and although we went in Dec. the kids still managed to soak a bit in the hot tub and take a couple dips in the pool. The hotel also provides swim diapers if needed for toddlers and babies. There are so many nice touches throughout the hotel.
Since we went in Dec. it was fully decorated for the holidays and was very charming. There were carols playing lightly in the background in the lobby area.
They have a full breakfast each day and it was great. You had choices of eggs, waffles, sausage and rolls and toast and bagels and assorted cereals and oatmeal and yogurt and fruit. And much more.IF you went away hungry it was your own fault.
At night they had warm chocolate chip cookies and cold milk for you as a night time snack.
Although we never had a need there is a small store they have where you can purchase small food items and such as needed.
A washer and dryer was on our floor so we took advantage of that which was a nice way amenity.
We used their personal shuttle to go to Legoland which was very nice.
I am sure I am forgetting something but I will say you can not go wrong staying here. We will visit San Diego again and this will be our choice to stay at.
Our group consisted of a 54, 51, 32, 34, 7, 4, and 15 month old and we were all happy to be there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel