We stayed here in June 2014. The hotel property, rooms and amenities were excellent. There is a free 5 minute shuttle service from the hotel to Legoland. You can get on a list to reserve your spot to the park and either pick your return time or call 30-45 minutes before your desired pick up time from the park.
The hotel grounds are clean, modern and is close to I-5. There are two excellent restaurants within a few feet of the hotel. The steakhouse is more upscale and has a dress code. The Wine Bistro was more casual yet a fine restaurant with excellent food.
One caveat is the hotel is pet friendly (extra cost) so unless you're expecting pets in the hotel it can come as a surprise. I must say despite this, there was no obvious signs that there were any adverse affects...except for a yapping dog in a room directly across from our room that would not stop. I'm not sure if they divided up the hotel by pet friendly side and a no pets area but it might be a good suggestion.
The rooms were clean, full of amenities and did not appear worn out. I believe the hotel has been open for only 7 years. There is a complimentary buffet breakfast which was nice. My only suggestion is if you want bacon with your breakfast, show up before 8am. It is the first item to go and is not replenished. Other than that it was nice to get a free breakfast. In the evening, they serve complimentary warm chocolate chip cookies, milk and coffee...another nice touch. There's a small snack and sundry area adjacent to the front desk which is supplied with most necessities and popular snacks.
As a side note, there's a 'West' gas station conveniently located right next to the hotel. The staff was accommodating and friendly. We did have a mix up in the beginning where I believe a new employee gave us the wrong key and the wrong room number which we didn't find out until running out of patience trying to open the door on a different floor.
The swimming pool was average but fine for the hotel.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TravelClick, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel