We stayed here for our first night after landing in San Diego for a business trip, but were first doing a few days of outlet mall shopping. Our first stop after the airport car rental pick-up was the Carlsbad Premium Outlets and this was a good place to stop before heading out for the one near Palm Springs. The hotel is pretty much on the other side of Interstate 5 from the mall, although we went into town for supper prior to checking in.
The staff were very friendly, and the hotel décor is very nice – almost a Norman Rockwell feel to it. If this is an older property, they sure have done a great job of taking care of it. The room was very clean and comfortable, although where we were, the complimentary room Wi-Fi was so weak as to be usable – no problem in the lobby. We didn’t experience any issues with outside noise, but then, changing three times zones will do that to you.
Despite the cool air in the evening, the outdoor Jacuzzi was kept hot, which made for a refreshing and relaxing dip. The complimentary hot breakfast buffet was also quite good.
The hotel certainly lived up to the good ratings I read, but I likely would try another property if I return to Carlsbad simply for the sake of variety, loyalty points and perhaps a more competitive Government Rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, TravelClick, Priceline and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel