We were heading to Legoland and had a wedding and some other family events in the area. West Inn came up on a search of the area, so we booked it. We also had my mother, who is disabled, in tow.
First: the rooms and the whole hotel were spotless. Super clean and very well appointed. Very current. Our room (my husband, son & I) had a pull out couch that was in a separate area so that we could put my son to sleep and still have the TV on--it had 2 tvs. The shower was huge. There were laundry facilities right in the building that were very clean and new.
For my mother, they brought in a shower chair and mats and made her feel very comfortable. After she had required some assistance, they left chocolate covered strawberries for her later. So sweet! They have cookies & milk in the lobby in the evening and coffee and muffins there in the morning.
They have a breakfast bar. It has all the greatest hits--oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, eggs and a variety of toasts and pastries. Coffee, tea & juice. Perfect for a family who is heading out for the day. Again, very clean, well done. My mother thought it was amazing. I wouldn't go that far, but didn't feel like we needed to go elsewhere.
There are 2 restaurants on the property, which we didn't use, but they looked nice and I heard good things from people about them.
The one tiny little thing is that it is right off the freeway. Right off. We didn't hear it from our room, but this is definitely not a luxury resort. It's a hotel you stay in when you have other things you are doing. I liked that it was easy for us to get on and off and where we need to go.
The other side of that is that it's about 3 blocks from the beach. So, you could walk over there.
Last on my list of details: They sell discount Legoland tickets at the front desk (I didn't ask about SeaWorld or the Zoo, but probably) and they have a shuttle over to Legoland. A van that heads over--looked like they had car seats installed in it. Saves you the $12 for parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, TravelClick, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel