“Where the locals go...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Oceanside, CA
“Where the locals go...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This restaurant has really good fish ( and only fish) and fresh, hot unlimited sour dough rolls. I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 because they keep changing the type of rolls they give you and their prices have been rising rather quickly in the past few years. I used to take my family here all the time. They used to give three sides with dinner and you could choose a salad for one of the sides. A great value for a large family. Now, it's two sides and salad is extra, so we don't go as often as we used to. Definitely worth checking them out, though.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

76% Recommend
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
“Every kind of fish you can imagine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stopped in this fish restaurant after reading other good reviews. The place is nicely decorated with, what else, fish! A large fish tank, interesting fish on the walls, and the window into the kitchen featuring a rotating grill of fish kept our attention while waiting for our order. The menu features just about any kind of fish you can imagine. All come grilled and seasoned the same unless you specify, but my mahi-mahi and my husband's swordfish were both delicious. Choose two sides from rice pilaf, cheesy potatoes, slaw, fresh grilled vegetables, cottage cheese or tomatoes. They have several types of soups as well. Nice hot sourdough rolls. Friendly service, too. We left well-satisfied.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Carlsbad, California
“Freshest fish in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Fish house is the place to go for fresh well prepared fish in Carlsbad. Not to mention the environment is very cool. I eat here all the time and the cooks are always consistent.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary, Canada
“I Like to Know Where My Seafood is From!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We are from land-locked Alberta so whenever we travel to a coastal spot, we like to find a good seafood restaurant.
I
When I travel, I also typically ask for 3 recommendations from local inhabitants - "Where's the best place to eat fish?" Answer: The Vera Cruz Fish House.
My butterfish (sablefish) was melt-in-your-mouth delicious and my husband loved his blackened catfish and chowder. We were so happy to see a Kids Menu + our 6 year old ate every single fish stick plus her veggies!
As every parent knows...THAT result made this a terrific dinner out!

Also - the variety and selection of fish on the menu was impressive and we especially liked how they added the fish's origin.

We'll be back on our next trip to Carlsbad! Thanks/Merci :)

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Escondido, California
“Best fish around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The food was fabulous, fresh and the service is excellent, beautiful atmosphere!! Going to be a favorite!

Visited January 2013

Been to Fish House Vera Cruz? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Fish House Vera Cruz, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.