“GOOD BLACK FOGGY FRIDAY EXPERIENCE” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Quebradillas, Puerto Rico
“GOOD BLACK FOGGY FRIDAY EXPERIENCE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I visit this seafood restaurant this past black friday afternoon after some shopping in a foggy ambience and the whole experience was good , we tried many different fish options including the Salmon from Canada, Halibut , Swordfish, Shrimp and the kids eat pizza and grilled cheese sandwish , all were good , overall service was adequate and prices a little higher than normal and we visit many different seafood in SAN DIEGO - CARLSBAD area in last 2 years when i visit during our timeshare vacation of California .

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Carlsbad
“In Love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This place Rocks. Consistently a great meal every time. My favorites are Shrimp and Fish tacos for lunch yummy. Dinner always has a great selection of fresh fish. I love asking Gage the fish cutter what e would have for dinner.

Carlsbad, California
“Very tasty fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The fish is always fresh and cooked excellently. Not much for atmospehere, but the service is fairly good. If food quality is the first consideration, I would highly recommend.

Visited March 2012
Rock Island, Illinois
“fresh fish on the grill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have been here several times and you can't beat the taste of the fresh fish grilled in front of your eyes on a large charcoal grill. My husband loves the scallop rumake and the salmon and orange ruffy is great for me (and I'm not a big seafood fan)! With fresh warm rolls and salad, I always take home left-overs.

Visited October 2012
Mentone, California
“A highlight of our visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We are in our 70's and have traveled many places the last 35 years. We live 100 miles away, and when in town last Sunday and Monday visited the FISH HOUSE VERA CRUZ. It is one of the better restaurants we have eaten at in some time. Our waitress Jeane, made us feel like old friends, and went out of her way to accomodate our every wish.

I had a 1/2 order clams and oysters as an appitizer. They were just pefect and seved on ice bed super chilled.

My wife had the Northern Halibut and I had the Tombo. Both were fixed to perfection. We look forward to returning to the Fish House next trip to town.

• Visited November 2012