“Very tasty fish” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Carlsbad, California
“Very tasty fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The fish is always fresh and cooked excellently. Not much for atmospehere, but the service is fairly good. If food quality is the first consideration, I would highly recommend.

Visited March 2012

77% Recommend
Encinitas, California
“fresh fish on the grill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have been here several times and you can't beat the taste of the fresh fish grilled in front of your eyes on a large charcoal grill. My husband loves the scallop rumake and the salmon and orange ruffy is great for me (and I'm not a big seafood fan)! With fresh warm rolls and salad, I always take home left-overs.

Visited October 2012
Mentone, California
“A highlight of our visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We are in our 70's and have traveled many places the last 35 years. We live 100 miles away, and when in town last Sunday and Monday visited the FISH HOUSE VERA CRUZ. It is one of the better restaurants we have eaten at in some time. Our waitress Jeane, made us feel like old friends, and went out of her way to accomodate our every wish.

I had a 1/2 order clams and oysters as an appitizer. They were just pefect and seved on ice bed super chilled.

My wife had the Northern Halibut and I had the Tombo. Both were fixed to perfection. We look forward to returning to the Fish House next trip to town.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle,Ca
“price gouger”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We own a timeshare in Carlsbad and have been going to fish house vera cruz every time we come down. This year was different as we always went for lunch and now they have a whole new menu and the price on what we used to order has doubled in one year. They used to have paper menus and fair prices. I guess they want to be known now as a pricey restaurant. This year we went in for lunch and after looking at the menu and the doubled prices we got up and walked out. The place hasn't got fancy and I am sure the fish remains high quality, but when one doubles their prices in one year I can find good fish at a fair price at many restaurnats up and down the coast. This isn't inflation it is plain gouging and we refuse to be a party to it.

• Visited November 2012
La Jolla, CA
“Seafood Always Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've eaten here several times, but this is the first review. Overall, the food is always great. Love the shrimp, perfect everytime and the selection of fish is always good. I keep going back because of the food. The interior is getting a little older, but not bad. The service could be better at times, but the servers always know the current menu. The food is worth any dissatisfaction you may have with the place.

• Visited October 2012