“Good Beer, friendly place” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
The Woodlands, Texas
“Good Beer, friendly place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place has a large menu and can cater to just about anyone's tastes. I am a big fan of micro brew and not so mega , so whichever Karl Strauss fits in I enjoyed their beers. All 3 of us had something different and we each ate to our satisfaction. Though it has families from LEGOLAND coming into the restaurant, it didn't have the family "only" feel and we enjoyed our meal.

Visited June 2013

Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Excellent food and beer at Reasonable prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had wonderful meals here after visiting Legoland during the day. They brew their own beer, so you can order a "flight" and try a few! The Mac and Cheese is a big hit with my kids and I love the Piri Piri wings and the Ahi Poke as an appetizer. Casual and comfortable environment.

Visited January 2013
Los Angeles. CA
“Convenient and Thirst Quenching”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great beer, good food, great attitude. Conveniently located in the parking lot of our hotel and right across the street from Legoland.

Visited June 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great beer and the food is pretty tasty too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I visited Karl Strauss in Carlsbad on a work visit to SoCal mainly to try the beer after a friend's strong recommendation and was positively surprised by the food.

Let's get the beer away first: the amber ale, rye IPA and Russian imperial ale were all lived up to expectation with the imperial my favourite by far. What my friend had not mentioned is how nice the food is. My firecracker sirloin strip where moist, tender and together with the accompanying shishito peppers a real pleasure to eat - left me wishing for more even considering the pretty hearty portion. The piggy bank mac and cheese was all you would expect, confronting with a layer of added porky goodness from the bacon, ham and andouille... The only criticism I can think of is that it was a huge portion, at least for me. Next time I am in Carlsbad I will definitely be back

Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
“It's possible to ruin bacon!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I didn't know it was possible to ruin bacon. Apparently it is. They covered their bacon in some kind of sweet, peppery sauce. Maybe maple syrup and pepper? It tasted awful! You can make your own waffles, which is nice, but the batter is overly sweet. I didn't try the omelettes -- maybe they're better. The biscuits were floury and the gravy was watery. The only thing I liked was the fresh fruit. The servers were nice, and they had the morning paper to borrow, otherwise I would have given it a one.

Visited May 2013