“Great Beer” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Great Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The beer was awesome and free samples. Food was served hot and tasted fresh. Needed more seasoning for my taste but still good. Wait stuff was great and very attentive. The place gets packed in the evening. Next door to Grand Pacific Palasides Hotel

Visited October 2012

San Diego, California
“Best Cioppino.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Two weeks ago my wife and I went here for Saturday lunch and wound up ordering dinner size portions. She had some weird holiday girl beer :-( that had a featured meal to go with it. A roast lamb with mashed sweet potatoes I knew she couldn't resist. That opened up my opportunity for what turned out to be the best Cioppino I have had in California. I have been disappointed more often than pleased by Cioppino's. Forget the rest, this brewery restaurant had a stupendous Cioppino. I've been there many times for lunch and everything is good, but this topped everything else I've had there.
Longing for a great Cioppino? This is the one.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Favorite place to grab a beer and dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I love coming to Karl Strauss for a unique beer selection from their brewery, and their food is yummy, but pretty heavy in general. So many Mac and Cheeses to choose from! The bar is great to sit at to catch a game too.

Philly suburbs
“Great Happy Hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed at the Grand Palisades and dropped by for happy hour. Very up beat and lively. The beer flights, 4 samples to start, where 2 oz each and the waitress then came by again with two more shots of beer to try. The happy hour menu included food, calamari, hot wings and chili lime fries. All were good and tasty bar food. So enjoy.

Visited January 2013
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“So Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Today, we once again visited the Karls Strauss Brewery in Carlsbad, Ca. We ordered the Pescano Plabano, pipita crusted sole with zuchinni. It was mouth watering good! My friend and I were both enjoying every single bite. The only thing that could make it better would be a little rice or couscous to help absorb the delicious pablano sauce. We did ask for bread and enjoyed mopping up the sauce while savoring every bite. We washed it down with my favorite Big Barrel Bomber Beer. We split the meal and beer and left full and more than satisfied.
The staff are all so sweet and obliging. We had several samples of beer. The Wreck Alley is a chocolate dark ale with high IPA; very tasty. We have also enjoyed the Flat Iron Steak; delicious.
We always enjoy the meals at this restaurant and Mike the manager is so friendly and goes out of his way to help us enjoy our visit.
I would suggest to the company to put up more signs so the place is easier to find. We came from the eat end of Cannon Road, turning into the Legoland area. If you don't know to stay to the right, you end up in Legoland. It is easier to find off of Palomar Airport Road off of the 5 freeway. It was not too busy today (Sunday). Another suggestion is to offer happy hour prices on Sunday like BJ's Brewery does.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Karl Strauss? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Karl Strauss, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.