“Great for A Night Out!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vigilucci's Seafood and Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 310 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Seafood, Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Tamarack Ave.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great for A Night Out!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Fabulous night out with a company dinner. I tried a recommendation by the wait staff and was VERY happy. The Spiedini alla Griglia will not disappoint. It is two skewers of delicious bits of meats. I opted for the baked potato and was delighted as well as stuffed. For dessert we passed several around---we ordered some of every dessert I think. The Cheesecake was my favorite--I thought the Creme Brulee was "average" but still good. It was worth going out and I would go there again. :-)

• Visited December 2012

Folsom, California
“Excellent Food, Service was ok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The food was excellent but the service was just okay. We didn't mind though as we were too busy enjoying the amazing feast!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank LorenasList
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best thanksgiving dinner!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Food was amazing! I'm still craving the stuffing and turkey. Best thanksgiving dinner I've ever had. Service was amazing!! Waitress was the bomb! I think they should put turkey dinner on menu. Please!!!

1 Thank Zeusdel
Northern Virginia
“Great service, food overcooked.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

After reading such good reviews, we were a bit disappointed. The seafood at both Vigilluccis on Carlsbad was seriously overcooked. We were so looking forward to good seafood not rubbery shrimp and calamari. Atmosphere at beach restaurant is delightful and service impeccable. Atmosphere at in town restaurant was dark and dank - patio not much better - and service was friendly but very slow. Both restaurants appear to be resting on their laurels. Must have been great at one time. So sad to eat overcooked seafood.

• 3 of 5 stars
Carlsbad, California
“Great food but only fair to good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have gone here many times. Last time was on my wife's birthday. Booked through Open Table and mentiond the birthday and requested one of their nice elevated booths. Although they had the reservatoin, maitre d claimed no mention of special requests. Perhaps Open Table dropped the ball, but this is unknown.

They squished us into a table by the window that they said had an ocean view, which would have been through but for the large party sitting at an open-air table right outside, so we had a very nice view of them having a good time.

On the other hand, the food is consistently excellent and worth the overpriced memu (about 30-35% more than comparable places in the area), and I have never had any dish there that was disappointing, which is probably why it is mobbed most of the time.

Service was very friendly but slow, probably not waitress's fault, since I only saw 2 waitpersons for about 40 or 50 diners.

We will return, but will be careful to check if we happen to make any special requests. Food highly recommended.

Visited October 2012