“Excellent Food, Service was ok” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vigilucci's Seafood and Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 277 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Tamarack Ave.
Folsom, California
“Excellent Food, Service was ok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The food was excellent but the service was just okay. We didn't mind though as we were too busy enjoying the amazing feast!

Visited November 2012

83% Recommend
“Best thanksgiving dinner!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Food was amazing! I'm still craving the stuffing and turkey. Best thanksgiving dinner I've ever had. Service was amazing!! Waitress was the bomb! I think they should put turkey dinner on menu. Please!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northern Virginia
“Great service, food overcooked.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

After reading such good reviews, we were a bit disappointed. The seafood at both Vigilluccis on Carlsbad was seriously overcooked. We were so looking forward to good seafood not rubbery shrimp and calamari. Atmosphere at beach restaurant is delightful and service impeccable. Atmosphere at in town restaurant was dark and dank - patio not much better - and service was friendly but very slow. Both restaurants appear to be resting on their laurels. Must have been great at one time. So sad to eat overcooked seafood.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Carlsbad, California
“Great food but only fair to good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have gone here many times. Last time was on my wife's birthday. Booked through Open Table and mentiond the birthday and requested one of their nice elevated booths. Although they had the reservatoin, maitre d claimed no mention of special requests. Perhaps Open Table dropped the ball, but this is unknown.

They squished us into a table by the window that they said had an ocean view, which would have been through but for the large party sitting at an open-air table right outside, so we had a very nice view of them having a good time.

On the other hand, the food is consistently excellent and worth the overpriced memu (about 30-35% more than comparable places in the area), and I have never had any dish there that was disappointing, which is probably why it is mobbed most of the time.

Service was very friendly but slow, probably not waitress's fault, since I only saw 2 waitpersons for about 40 or 50 diners.

We will return, but will be careful to check if we happen to make any special requests. Food highly recommended.

Visited October 2012
San Diego, California
“What an amazing place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

While this restaurant can be a little pricey I have to say that everything that we ate was mouth watering good. We went for lunch and my husband had the Veil chop. We've never had veil and it was amazing. Just thinking about it right now is driving my taste buds crazy. I personally had their lasagna. I'm kind of a lasagna prude. It's my favorite food and I had yet to eat it in a restaurant and like it. Loved it at Vigilucci's!!! Would go back for it in a heart beat. The waitress was incredibly attentive and made alot of great suggestions. I mean how can you go wrong with the ocean view, great service and spectacular food. It's a must!!!

• Visited November 2012