“Just excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vivace - Park Hyatt Aviara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 279 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Aviara Parkway
Rancho Murieta, California, Usa
“Just excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

It is a very unique restaurant. Ambiance, service, decoration, view, food and beverages are excellent. I only had lunch, and it was delicious: Risotto con Anatra, braised duck leg, was very, very tasty. My husband had several appetizers. His favorite was Capraccio Di Pollipo. Wine was very complementary to our meals.Bravo.

Visited August 2012

Orange, California
“The chef is genius.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

If you are a salmon lover you absolutely MUST have their olive oil poached skuna bay salmon. First call to make sure it's on their current menu. I've dined in countless restaurants around the world and this salmon is easily one of the top 5 entrees I've ever had. The combination of flavors & textures is wonderful, and the ultra thick salmon steak almost melts in your mouth. Their coffee budino dessert is so decadent. All of Vivace's desserts are in a league of their own...very hard to beat.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
washington, D.C.
“wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We enjoyed the Sunday Buffet. The food was perfection, selection was tastefully delicious. Unlike the cattle car buffets you see in other hotels this one put out a fine dining menu elegantly served. Service was spot on. Next time we're in S.D. we'll return to Aviara.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“If staying at the Park Hyatt, do dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The room is very lovely - very upscale California decor - although a little too dark for me. The service is professional and despite a large and loud private party in the room off the main dining room, the service did not suffer. I started with the antipasto board which was good... not sure what everything was but fun... Italian meats and a chutney like item - the Italian version. Not a lot of food - really just for one. My main course was the short rib bolognese on pasta which was excellent. The in-house pasta was perfectly cooked and not swimming in sauce. A full dish but not heavy. The dessert menu is intriguing but less successful. Gorgonzola gelato on a roasted fig dessert... Ugh. The waiter told me the dessert had mixed reviews. The waiter brought me a sample ... I tried it and not so much. The chocolate polenta cake was okay... I wanted to try one of the more unique desserts but everything was just too out there.. and I have been to some interesting restaurants. The coffee - as in the breakfast room - was not to my liking. Now, I am addicted to Starbucks so take it for what it's worth. I had the cappuccino which was cold very quickly. It staying at the hotel I would do dinner at Vivace... would I make a special effort... probably not.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary,Alberta,canada
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have been owners at this resort for 15 years, back when it was a Four Seasons hotel. We try Vivace once a year, and are continually disappointed by the quality of food. We get so tired of paying a fortune for mediocre food. We shared an appetizer that was suppose to be a charcuterie plate. It was pitiful...a couple of slices of pancetta ( suppose to be prosciutto) three tiny bites of cheese and a half of poached pear- this for only 16 dollars. My main course was lobster risotto and it was good. My husband ordered a steak and it came with burnt potatoes and a non descript vegetable. Our meal came to over $200, and once again we left wishing we had gone elsewhere. There were no specials for the evening ( how's that for a lazy chef) and the menu has been basically the same for 15 years. A classic example of a restaurant sitting on its laurels. You could do much better elsewhere.

Visited November 2012