“Best hotel I didn't stay at” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach
751 Raintree Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92011   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best hotel I didn't stay at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was stuck without a room. Expedia booked me a room that didn't exist. However, Larry and Amber did everything they could to help me find another hotel. It finally worked out, but I wished I could've stayed - the hotel is brand new, staff is super freindly and location is great.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
sid g, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, that type of occurrence does occur from time to time when utilizing a third party booking company, but I am pleased that Amber and Larry were able to find accommodations for you elsewhere. We are fortunate to have their guest service experience on our staff.

We hope next time you visit Carlsbad, we have the opportunity to host you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Everything is brand-new about this property, and as such, it's a very nice affordable place to come and stay with the kids. Service is very nice, rooms are modern and have an appealing decor, and the location two blocks from the beach and proximity to theme parks is fantastic. The HIE signature complimentary breakfast was admittedly understaffed when we stayed there, and it was BUSY with families getting ready to go to LegoLand. All in all, a good value choice. However, judging from the quality of the furniture and fixtures (lower-end) combined with the heavy toddler traffic that this place is likely to endure, I expect it to be quite run-down sooner than later. So get in while it's still nice!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
sid g, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind words in the review you have sent. We have made it a point to make sure we practice preventative maintenance to make sure all items, furniture and equipment stay in excellent condition and replaced when the time comes. We hope to see you next time you visit Carlsbad!
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

First and foremost the front end management team including Amber and Karen are extremely nice and welcoming. I stayed here for a few weeks due to an auto accident that left me temporally in a wheelchair. The entire staff was extra accommodating to my special needs! The new Handicapped accessible suite/bath was exactly what I needed and was very comfortable for my longer than normal stay. As a Carlsbad, CA local I would definitely recommend this clean, quiet resort style hotel to all friends/family. Plus it’s right near the beach!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you sir for your kind comments. We are thrilled that the stay worked out for you and we are lucky to have Amber and Karen as part of the team....all the best to you and please stop by when you are in the neighborhood!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were a family of 4 and stayed here while visiting LEGOLAND. It was the perfect hotel. Management went out of their way to accommodate us, it was spotless and breakfast was great! We would highly recommend and we definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
sid g, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the new hotel.

We appreciate all feedback as we are constantly trying to improve our product and service.

The Express Start breakfast is a great way to start the day and I am pleased that you agree with that!

We hope to see you again the next time you visit LEGOland!
Kennewick, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The staff was wonderful and very helpful. Amber was great at being there in the early AM when we would go outside. She always made sure the front door was ready for us to come to come back in. When adding days to our stay they were friendly and very helpful. I enjoyed seeing the grand opening and meeting the Manager. If there was a problem that needed repair they were fast to fix it. The maids were friendly and fast when cleaning the rooms. My only main issue was the WIFI it kept disconnecting me early in the morning.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

sid g, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and review. As a new hotel, we are trying to earn your trust, and with great staff members like Amber, hopefully we are on that path!

We hope to see you soon!
OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a great new HIE for the area. It is directly off I5 & Poinsettia, it is brand new construction not a remodel. It is walking distance to the beach. I am a business traveler so I have stayed in hundreds of hotels, this is the nicest HIE I have stayed in, in a long time. I was traveling with family and stayed for a week. They have the standard breakfast but with more tables and booths to sit down so you are not waiting for a table. They have a nice pool which is not heated but was warm enough to swim in. They have a Jacuzzi, very nice outdoor seating, a cabana, way more upscale than that of any other HIE's and it is on the south side of the building so the sun hits the pool all day. The staff (Amber and the daytime staff) went out of their way to make my stay great. The city turned off the water for a few hours but the hotel offered to buy a room elsewhere just so I could shower for an important event. We stayed in an executive 2 bed suite which was spacious enough for 6 people. The sleeper sofa has its own tv and space. very nice.

Room Tip: easy access to highway, about 20 minutes north of San Diego. Easy travel to Oceanside, Encinitas, Ca...

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

sid g, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your week-long stay at the new hotel.

When designing the property, we definitely wanted there to be more than sufficient space for our guests to enjoy breakfast and to avoid overcrowding.

We are pleased that you enjoyed relaxing out by the pool area

We are fortunate to have Amber as part of our team and she goes all out to make sure every guest enjoys their stay.

Thank you again and we hope to see you the next time you visit Carlsbad!
Maui, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

During my recent stay I did encounter a few challenges. The staff members Karen and Amber were exceptional in handling the glitches with my room type and amenities. They were exceptional
In working together to make things right. Upon my departure the fire alarms were going off and the
fire department had arrived. Some guests were concerned and again these staff members handled
It in a calm and professional manner to ensure each guests safety. This hotel is really nice and in a great location. I hope to return soon!!

Room Tip: I saw a few different rooms and they were all very nice!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
sid g, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for the review.Also, thank you for understanding that there are always minor glitches that can occur upon opening and for keeping patience during the time when the fire alarms went off.

We are extremely lucky and pleased to have Karen and Amber among our team.

We hope to see you soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach? Share your experiences!