“"Everything is awesome!"....not quite but almost” 4 of 5 stars

Affiliate website
Offers & Announcements
Holiday Snow Days Package
Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Carlsbad
“"Everything is awesome!"....not quite but almost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We celebrated my daughter's birthday this month in this hotel and purchased the "birthday package". In the package includes a special birthday gift for the celebrant ( be sure to remind the staff during the check in, 'coz they forgot to give it to my daughter only after i asked and reminded them), a "huge cake" given during dinner in the restaurant of your choice at legoland ( we choice bricks since its more family friendly and buffets include an array of foods that kids can get it by themselves since the food stands are of their level) and a short but sweet singing of happy birthday to my daughter by a group of "fun-costumed" staff in the restaurant. We stayed in a "pirates junior suite room". The room is HUGE and a lot of space that can fit 7-8 people. Although you are only allowed to have 5 people in the room, the hotel is not that strict about counting people who stays in the rooms. But they do count the number of persons entering the restaurants during the buffet. Our room has one king (that is so spacious for me, my hubby and 4 yr old son) and the bunk beds in the other side that comfortable accommodated my 15, 12, and 8 year old kids. But realistically, there is just more, enough space to put an air bed in the floor that can accommodate 2-4 more persons in your party ( i should say 2 more adults and 2 more kids). Again, just saying that only 5 is allowed but "you dont have to declare" that you have more in your party. And to add up to this very spacious Pirate Junior Suite room is "2" (yes, not 1) balconies overlooking the pool wherein you can watch people enjoying the pool and even watch the nightly movies being shown in a big projector by the pool. All of these you can watch in your own pleasure and convenience of your 2 connecting, spacious balconies. Bathroom is huge. Pirate decors and colors are awesome for the kids! Legos in the room to play (but not to bring home). Be sure to ask for a microwave (free). There is a mini fridge.
The elevators are super fun with the strobe lights and music enjoyed by both adults and kids. Dining Staffs at Bricks Restaurant are soooooo nice and went far and beyond their service by even putting our left-over "huge" birthday cake in their fridge during our entire 3days/2nights stay. We can call in anytime to bring the cake in our room and if we dont finish the whole thing, we can always request it to be placed back to their ref.
Everything is "almost" Awesome in legoland but not quite due to few flaws. Food is "expensive" in Bricks. Even if we paid $50/dinner package for 4 people. The quality and variety of foods presented are poor. Breakfast is free. Breakfast is "just average" but better than the dinner.
Front desk staff are "terrible" most of them does not smile(considering the is hotel is for kids) Only about 2 staffs from the front desk whom i saw played and smiled with the kids but the rest just seem to be just their "to work" not " to work and have fun with kids and guests".
Legoland Hotel is expensive. But overall, you get the prize of what you paid seeing your kids mesmerized by the decors, legos, colors, music and fun things everywhere... If i am going to choose to stay there again...even if its super, duper expensive...for the love of my kids... I WILL... :)

P.S: Book early in advance, pirates room are the first to fill up.
If you have privilege to buy from" recreationconnect.com" from your work, purchase thru their website( you'll save hundreds)

Room Tip: Rooms in the 2nd and 3rd floor overlooking the pool are the best!. You get to enjoy the fun riding t...

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night on a visit to Southern California. We were blown away by the details and decor of the hotel. Our kids are 10, 8 and 6 and they all loved everything about the hotel. The rooms are expensive, but take into consideration the fact that they offer complimentary valet parking, they store your luggage if you arrive early so you can visit the park and also if you want to visit the park for the day when you check out. Your bags are delivered to your room when you arrive and someone will come to bring them down when you check out. Breakfast is also included with your stay. The room offers 2 bottles of water and 2 juice packs with no extra charge. I know this is not a huge thing, but the previous hotel we had stayed at charged $3 for each bottle of water in the room, so this was a welcome touch. There is also a treasure chest in the room and to find the code to unlock it the kids have to do a little scavenger hunt around the hotel. Little touches that made a huge impression. While parents are checking in there is a lego pit where kids can build in the lobby. There was the option of a dining package for 4 for $50 for the Bricks Buffet Restaurant, we paid extra for our fifth person and took advantage of that. While waiting for the elevator there is a whoopie cushion built into the carpet which the kids had fun playing with! The elevators have disco balls and when the elevator is moving the disco ball comes on and music plays. The rooms are great with a separate area for kids with bunk beds and a trundle bed. Everything is decorated amazingly and makes you feel like you're in another land :) We had supper at Brick's Buffet and there were a lot of choices. Something to satisfy everyone! There were also some characters going around talking to tables. We also had our breakfast here as well and again, many, many choices, happy kids and there was a pirate visiting tables. The hotel is pricey, but the experience was amazing and something that was enjoyed by the whole family!! We would stay here again - my kids hated to leave!!

1 Thank Jenn D
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I cannot comment on the quality of the room, for I will not be staying there. I could rant, telling every detail, but that serves no purpose for a review. What I will say, a minimum of five hours was spent on the phone over the course of my attempting to make a reservation. Assurances were made, I was redirected, disconnected, and put on hold numerous times. I purchased plane tickets based on Legoland Hotel staff telling me the midweek night I was inquiring about had plenty of vacancies. (I wanted to secure my flight before booking the full-deposit, no-refund room.) My last call was the first time I had been put straight through to the agent. She was kind enough and did not put me on hold as others had; however, she had the unfortunate task of informing me the hotel had no vacancies. My little boy's summer highlight has dimmed.

I suggest all making reservations go the online route. Maybe personal service gets better once one is at the hotel.

I do hope I am the exception and Legoland Hotel treats its guests much better than I have been treated. I will never know.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Corot O
Frank I, General Manager at LEGOLAND California Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear "Corot O,"

I am so incredibly sorry for the difficulties you have experienced attempting to book a reservation at LEGOLAND California Resort. Please know this is not the service standard I uphold for the Hotel.

I hope it is not too late for us to rectify the situation. Please know I will have our Guest Services Department contact you immediately to see if there is anything we can do to.

Best regards,
Frank Idris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The rooms were great, lots of space. Buffet delicious.
We stayed 3 nights, most of the staff were pleasant and went out of the way.
Only complaints I have are with the pool rules and staff.
You need to have your towel back at pool before it closed so if you didn't know this you had to drag kids back to room wet and cold or pay for towels. Also young man was rude (lifeguard) would not listen and seemed annoyed with questions.
Also, no gym or laundry as advertised. Everything else was fantastic.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Rosalyn Y
Bakersfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Hopefully the Lego Land guy who responds with the "sorry" replies reads my review and actually does something rather than give me a lame "sorry" excuse.
Here it goes lego Land Hotel, We stayed at your hotel for 3 days, one day was long enough for my family. You charge WAY too much for your hotel PERIOD! The lego Land website makes the rooms look very large but when you walk in you immediately notice how small the actually are. The kids room is about the size of a closet and the T.V in their room is so close to the bed,they cant view it comfortably. The furniture looks like it was purchased from the 70's, very dated looking. The bathroom doors has no lock? Anyone with children knows that you need a lock on the bathroom door, they walk right in on you. There is no ironing board or iron, no hair dryer. I have stayed in a Motel 6 that was furnished better than this place. The children's toy chest was supposed to be filled with a surprise every day but never was, even after complaining to the front desk. There was food left in the hallway from someones room service from 8am to 5 pm? Don't the maids walk buy and see this?
My 7 year old daughter has had her teddy bear since she was 4, it's her security blanket you could say. Every day when we left our room she would tuck it into her covers, just like when she is at home. When we returned to our room, the maid threw it on the floor, really? I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but to a 7 year old it is, trust me.
When we arrived, our room was not ready so we made our way to the Skyline restaurant and bar. We first noticed how bad the place smelled. They waiters looked very tired and had food stains on their clothes. So after seeing this and smelling the place, I passed on the food and ordered a beer. I will say the beer was very good and cold. My kids had the cheese sticks and a soda but I cant offer anymore than this because I never asked them how they were.
The pool is Way too small for the size of the hotel and there is no hot tub?. Again, the planning that went into this place needed help in many ways, many, many ways. The poolside service was very good and the drinks were made well. We rented a Cabana and it was very affordable, only $80.00 for the entire day and was stocked with water and sodas.
The park? Well let's just say the place is in need of maintenance. Lego land, Please invest some of your money in Mini Land! The structures are faded, the parts that are supposed to move are broken, trash in the water. Give me a break, you charge enough to get into the place, where is all the money going?
In the end all I can say is I wish I had my money back. I spent over $2K dollars in 3 days at this place and it will never happen again. Hopefully the management reads this and realizes there are issues. This was not a flame at Lego Land, it was real world experiences from a California family.
Michael D

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
13 Thank michael d
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We paid $400 per night to stay at a best western with legos. That said, the bathroom was well thought out. There was a handheld shower head and a built-in kids toilet seat.

Having just returned from a Great Wolf Lodge, I was expecting a bit more. The hotel really isn't an "experience," it's just a place to sleep after/before a day at legoland. The pool is too small for the number of guests and the food isn't something I care to experience again.

Most telling is what our kids didn't say. After the Great Wolf Lodge, they kept asking if we could go back. They haven't mentioned the Legoland Hotel since we left.

Save yourself $, take your little lego fans for a tour of the hotel, ride the elevator and step on the "whoopie cushion" carpet. You don't need to sleep here. Use the money to buy more legos.

Room Tip: Do not choose the Kingdom theme. Rooms are all on the first floor.
10 Thank littlemamadeb
Visalia, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The hotel is only 1 years old but needing maintenance like it is 10 years old. The hallway past the Skyline Café smells like rotten alcohol, the food is on par with amusement park food and our room looked like it had never been dusted since it was built. I will compliment the help, they were very polite and friendly. We had amazing poolside service from Peaches, our poolside waiter. This hotel is expensive and I did not get anywhere close in satisfaction for my money. Spend the extra money and stay at the Disneyland hotel, good restaurant's, clean and an amazing pool for your kids

6 Thank Patrick D