“Overpriced” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Nelson
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Mediocre food at high prices. Service okay. Atmosphere good. There must be better choices. We had better Mexican food the next day at 2/3 the price, so it can be done. Locals must know it - nobody there at noon on Saturday.

Visited March 2013

Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
“Feels like you're visiting family for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Nice quaint place with much family history according to their menu and the many family pictures adorning their walls. An extensive menu of combination choices. After munching on chips and extremely spicy salsa (could that be their regular salsa? thankfully our waiter kept the refills coming), my husband and I split the fajitas for two. The flour tortillas were a little doughy, but the steaming plate of chicken, beef, and large shrimp, with the veggies and a nice plate of rice, beans, and guacamole more than covered it. We left stuffed. Seems like there are only a few waiters for a very small, but busy dining room, but they gave us friendly service with a handshake at the end. A waiting line had developed by the time we left (7 pm on a Friday). We would visit here again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SAN PEDRO
“Fastest, most delicious food ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My crab tostada was delightful and the service was lightening fast. The prices and ambiance were excellent too. Don't expect too much chitchat from waiters... they are focused on the food/fast service!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Great Atmosphere - Food Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Nice family owned restaurant in Carlsbad Village. Loved the inside, very inviting, lots of photos and art adorn the walls. One big room with about 12-15 tables. Can be a little tight, but I wouldn't let that bother me. The chips and salsa were excellent. I had the chili relleno plate. I have had better, a little too doughy for me. My wife had the chili verde, she liked it, however if you don't like fresh cilantro, make sure you order without the cilantro, they smothered the chili verde with it. They have small bar and serve liquor. The waiter and the owner were very good, however the servers were a bit slow and lacked any kind of enthusiasm. This was our first time here, but if I we were to be back in the rea, we would definitely give it a second chance.

“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Family owned little restaurant in the downtown Carlsbad village area. I always enjoy eating here when I go to Carlsbad.

• Visited June 2012