“Carlsbad Hilton Oceanfront” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Helena, Montana
“Carlsbad Hilton Oceanfront”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very nice hotel. Lived up to all that is expected from a Hilton property. Convenient to the beach. Pool was comfortble even in 50 degree weather. Front desk staff was very helpful. Grounds were beautiful. Restaurant was nice but menu seemed limited.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
middleton, wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We enjoyed 4 nights at the Oceanfront resort. My husband stays here frequently for business and is sometimes offered an ocean view room at no extra charge. We were hoping for that upgrade while traveling for spring break but since we would have been charged an additional $40/night for the ocean or pool view, we chose to keep the room with a courtyard view (parking lot). The room was very comfortable, extremely quiet, and conveniently located near the exercise room, pool, and hotel lobby. The hotel has a beautiful lobby, very nice business seating area with 3-4 Mac computers available for guest use. Complementary coffee is available each morning. There is a hotel shuttle available to drive guests within a 10 mile radius of the hotel (Lego Land, Carlsbad Village, Encinitas). The resort charges $15/day as a resort fee in addition to your room charge but if you take advantage of the shuttle, it seems reasonable. The hotel has a lovely saltwater pool heated to 83 degrees which we enjoyed as the outdoor temp was in the low 60s. We also enjoyed sitting by the out door fire pits located around the pool. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. They accommodated us eating lunch out by the pool one day even though there was no outdoor server scheduled. The restaurant staff took care of us and we enjoyed some yummy fish tacos. Breakfast at the hotel was also good. The beach across the street was beautiful and we enjoyed morning walks and playing in the surf.

Stayed March 2014
Salem, OR, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

If you are looking for a great place for a couple or for a family with kids to enjoy a pool, the beach and great service, the Hilton Oceanfront in Carlsbad is a great choice. It is close to San Diego and close to great places such as San Juan Capistrano as well as attractions in Los Angeles.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have to say, I don't normally wrtite reviews unless the experience was a negative one and I don't want anyone to experience something negative. But I was compelled to write about my recent stay there with my daughter last week.

I stayed there last week one night with my daughter for Spring Break. I never had heard of the hotel but knew the area a little so I wanted to stay in the city. This hotel popped up as a choice and with the price/reviews I saw, decided to book it. I'm glad I did.

The staff was very courteous and polite. Ron greeted us in valet and was professional and enjoyable to talk with. Even though I did not use the valet, when I would walk by to get something out of my car in self parking, he remembered my name and said hi each and every time. He offered some great suggestions for local family fun. Ron was a great first impression of the hotel.

Raj greeted us at the check-in desk. Very friendly and courteous. Said the hotel was not a full capacity so upgraded us at no cost to ocean view room. Never asked him to, but he did it beacuse he wanted our first experience at the hotel to be a great one for my daughter and I.
Thank you Raj.

The room was big and clean. Everything was tidy, re-stocked, and organized. Great hotel!!

Room Tip: Get pool view for sure. Ocean room would be the best. Those rooms had balconys.
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The hotel was conveniently located across from a fun and beautiful beach. The decor was contemporary. The room was ample sized and clean. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. I had an excellent time.

• Stayed March 2014
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed here last weekend for a birthday celebration with a large family and we couldn't have been happier. The property has a terrific view of the ocean, everything is clean and modern, the food in Chandler's was great, and the rooms were spacious & comfortable. Parking was free and conveniently located right next to the hotel. The pool area was clean and the firepits around it made for a charming atmosphere at night.

As others have stated, what will really leave an impression on you is the staff. Each one of them seemed genuinely interested in making sure we were enjoying our time at the hotel. Randy (bartender) and Tamara (waitress at breakfast) were top-notch. Well done, Hilton.

Devner, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Overall the stay was great and the staff was awesome! Before our arrival I contacted the hotel (spoke with Laurel) and was instantly provided with details about the local area that really helped us plan our visit. After my arrival Ron with the concierge staff was great and Raj got us into our room early, which really helped with our plans. I had made a request with the front desk that must have fallen through the cracks, but within minutes of speaking to Elizabeth with guest services I had my original request and two additional ones handled in a matter of minutes. Great Job! The restaurant staff was great; they recognized us from previous meals and made great recommendations and provided awesome service. Susie was a delight in the mornings. I would request her section if you can. She was very much on top of our needs and provided great service. Fernando was also a pleasure to serve us in the mornings too. Jose made the evening meals pleasurable and really tried hard to make great recommendation. He really took the time to understand what my wife was looking for in her meal and worked with the kitchen staff to get the correct selection. Another fabulous job! The shuttle service was another issue. I do have to give a great recommendation to Matt with the concierge staff; he provided some top notch service, was very prompt and called when he was there to pick us up, was able to offer some suggestion as he took us out on the shuttle to a few spots nearby. I would request his services whenever possible. We had a very unfortunate episode with shuttle staff abandoning us after they dropped us off for dinner (Matt wasn’t working!). The Manager on duty (Michael) made ever attempt he could to make up for the oversight from the poor staff that night. Michael could see that I was very unhappy and didn’t want to listen to anything he had to say. Michael displayed a lot of patience with me and listened while I expressed my anger with the staff and the extreme oversight. The next day both day and night (Michael) managers checked in with us. Michael the next evening really took the time to make things right with us. His efforts really allowed us to enjoy the rest of our stay. If you plan to lounge by the pool Tatiana will be there to ensure your hospitality needs are met. She was very good and keeping an eye on my drink levels. I also observed that she keep a close on all of her customers and checked in regularly but not obsessively. I would highly recommend this hotel and staff even with the extreme oversight that occurred. Things happen and mistakes are made. It is how we deal with them that make the difference. Michael clearly understands this. Thank you to Laurel, Ron, Raj, Elizabeth, Susie, Fernando, Jose, Tatiana and a special Thanks to Matt and Michael!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!