“Not a great place at any price” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea

You added Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1050 Grand Avenue, Carlsbad, CA 92008   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Not a great place at any price”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The room just does not feel clean, the bath tub was covered with black hair from the previous client ! How gross. I asked that the tub be cleaned but it never happened. The neighborhood that is closest to the hotel is seedy

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will work hard to make sure it is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at clb@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Salem
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Was not pleased. Felt unsafe-- back and side doors would be left open at all hrs of the night for any one off the streets to wander the hall ways. Rooms would just leave their trash bags in hall ways. Hard to find housekeeping that spoke english. Really sad--- for there is so much in that area, in walking distance to truly enjoy!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Across the street is a motel 6
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Zena - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed to read that you felt unsafe due to the side and back doors being left open. As well, I am disheartened that you saw other guests leaving their trash in the hallways. Please accept my apologies for having to deal with these issues. As this hotel's Manager, I will be looking into the comments you made, looking for ways to enhance our safety and hallway cleanliness.

Please contact me, at CLB@extendedstay.com if you would like to speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Carlsbad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times since 2008 --- for weeks at a time.

I keep going back for two reasons: the customer service and because Extended Stay America (ESA) only cleans your room once a week.

Two of the women who work the front desk, Nicole and Elaine, do an exceptional job providing customer service. While all of the women manning the front desk in the daytime and nighttime do a good job, I prefer to deal with Nicole and Elaine. Nicole has been there since I started staying at ESA and is always cheerful, professional and a pleasure to deal with. I had a noise problem with the guest in another room and Elaine, working with the manager, Jun, was very proactive in resolving that to my satisifaction --- which was very important to me since peace and quiet is what I want most in a motel stay.

I also like that ESA only cleans your room once a week and they will work around your schedule as to when they clean your room.

Room Tip: I would try to avoid a room in the non-smoking wing on the 3rd Floor that is close to the smoking wi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Tim - It is so rewarding to read that we were able to provide you with a "home away from home" experience at our hotel. Thank you for your comments, especially those regarding the hotel and staff. I will be sure to share them with the entire team including Nicole and Elaine.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Better values can be found in the area, but it served its purpose. Strong and heavy use of air fresheners try to cover the smell of smoking in the rooms and hallways. Front desk staff was very friendly. Be sure to enjoy the restaurants and shops that are within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the smell of the room and hallway due to a smoke odor. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to eliminate this moving forward. Still, I am very happy to hear that you found our front desk staff to be very friendly and that you enjoyed the restaurants as well as shops that are within walking distance o four property.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please contact me at clb@extendedstay.com if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was a great experience, especially for the price, we stay 2 nights, and enjoyed the staffs warm welcome from Elaine and Natalie . The pool was great and the walk to the beach was short, great location. Walked passed a couple of restaurants that smelled delicious. I would highly recommend .

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for posting such a positive review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay at our hotel. As well, I am so happy that you enjoyed the pool, being so close to the beach and restaurants as well as the friendliness of our staff.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Came down from north California was looking for a hotel near a good surf area, came across extended stay my first impression was good clean from the outside lots of parking heated pool and surrounded by bars and restaurants witch is always a plus. Was helped out by Natalie very professional well mannered young lady, she's helped me out with all my questions directing me exactly where I wanted to go. The room is very comfortable with a built in kitchen clean and quiet all in all I loved my stay would recommend to everyone I stayed here for two weeks and can't find anything bad to say the front desk are very helpful and nice made my experience an excellent one thank u

• Stayed January 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a such great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel, convenience of having the kitchen in our rooms and friendliness of the staff. Our goal is to give our guests the best possible experience, and I am very glad that we were able to accomplish that.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Having the mini kitchen in the room was a great convenience! It's located in the heart of Carlsbad, walking distance to many shops and restaurants. Also, the hotel staff were very kind and welcoming. A+!

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are so glad that you found the hotel conveniently located, so close to many shops and restaurants. It's great to hear that the staff was very kind and welcoming.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea

Address: 1050 Grand Avenue, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Location: United States > California > Carlsbad
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica San Diego-Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
Extended Stay America Carlsbad
Extended Stay Carlsbad
Carlsbad Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.