“Nice hotel in a happening area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1050 Grand Avenue, Carlsbad, CA 92008   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #28 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
Margaret River,Western Australia
“Nice hotel in a happening area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is lovely and clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is a nice little pool and a laundry room. Situated close to cute little cafes , shops and beach . It' is a bit of a drive out of San Diego and the traffic is not the funest but, we did enjoy a trip to Tijuana, Mexico for the day which was great fun. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for the great review of you recent stay at our property. We're so happy that you enjoyed the property and the surronding area. Most importantly, we're super happy that you found our property to be fresh and clean. The best part of the review is that you would recommend our hotel to anyone, that is such a feeling and we're proud that we earned that confidence. Again, thank you for the review, we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Carlsbad.

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last summer and let me tell you! Me and my family had such a pleasant time. The rooms were in order the staff was friendly and the breakfast was delicious! I recommended it to all my friends. Plus it wasn't too far from the beach.

• Stayed July 2012
I appreciate you taking the time write about your most recent stay with us. I'm thrilled that you and your family had a great time in Carlsbad. Additionally, I cannot be more pleased that the staff was friendly and everything was working and the grab and go breakfast was delicious. Again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to your next trip to Carlsbad.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My family and I stayed here over the weekend and I thought the hotel was great. It was at a nice location, very close to beach. Also, the staff was great and their customer service was excellent. I would definitely come back!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you had a great weekend stay and the staff provided excellent service during your stay. We look forward to the next time you are in Carlsbad.
Santa Rosa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Rooms are okay. There's a weird smell in the hallways, bathroom was not 100% clean, bedspread has stains, iron didn't work, sticky goo on walls and floor, clearly not well cleaned at all. Not a good value to me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of our rooms was not up to par. I am going to ensure that first, all the irons are checked to make sure they work and then second, work on replacing any blankets that are past their useful life and then we are going to work on a deep cleaning project to ensure that issues you described do not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate the specific comments regarding the irons, wall and bedspread. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me James at jburpo@extendedstay.com or Jun at jeusebio@extendedstay.com We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Cayucos, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I didn't read the reviews about the hard beds before booking the room, so I didn't have a preconcieved expectation about the beds. My wife and I enjoyed two restful nights, even though we had rooms facing the freway. We did have to keep the double windows shut to ensure a quiet night.
With the senior discount and the off season rate, the room was well worth the $85 (including the 10% tax) we paid. Will use this hotel again if we ever need a room in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review about your stay and the value that we offer. I'm thrilled to hear that you would stay with us again next time you need a room in Carlsbad. Thank you for sharing you experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Carlsbad.
Clearlake, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you like very hard beds, old worn out pillows, rugs that leave your wihite socks black on the bottom, window so dirty you can't see our clearly, you're going to love this one. My wife and I are not neat niks and just did not feel confortable about the cleanlyness, Other small things like ceiling fire sensor hangin from ceiling, Room cards that had to be re-set daily, Lost luggage cart they couldn't find. I don't think their executives would stay here. Just worn out!

Room Tip: Find a clean room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the room cleanliness was not up to your, and quite frankly our standard either. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am having the carpets shapooed and having our maintenance department check the smoke detectors in every room on the property to be certain that they are all property attached. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at James at jburpo@extendedstay.com,, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Covina, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been staying here off and on for a couple of years. Rooms are nice, newly renovated. Staff is execellent, nice and freindly. They bend over backwards for anything. Nice to have a kitchen with a refrigerator, microwave, 2 stove burner and sink. They have Contental breaksfast with coffee, muffins, oatmeal, breakfast bars and fruit in the morning. It is located so conveniently from downtown Carlsbad. Walking distance to many restaurants, clubs and local stores. Only a 10 minute walk to the beach. Lots to do here. The prices are excellent for everything you get. Carlsbad is bike friendly with lots of bike lanes to the beach and around town. I wouldnt stay anywhere else in the San Diego Area. Thanks for everthing Extended Stay America, Carlsbad Village by the Sea

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad to hear that our staff was so friendly and would do whatever you needed to make your stay comfortable. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea

Address: 1050 Grand Avenue, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Location: United States > California > Carlsbad
Ranked #28 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Extended Stay, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica San Diego-Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
Extended Stay America Carlsbad
Extended Stay Carlsbad
Carlsbad Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.